free website stats program Does your wife/gf fall asleep on your bike. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does your wife/gf fall asleep on your bike.

The lovely Mrs Slapp and I took a trip to Ohio to visit some old friends about 900 miles each way as I was riding I noticed every now and then the bike would kind of jerk to the left or right...I just thought it was the road and kept riding. Pretty soon it was happening more and more (on the road for about 7 hours now) so I stopped at rest area and ate a snack used the restrooms and then started checking the bike over (Road King) for anything that could cause it to jerk around. After finding nothing we got back on the bike and continued the journey. At first no problems then about 30 minutes in to the ride it started again. I found a Dealer and pulled off the highway and checked the bike in. There was a hotel right across the street from the dealer so we called it a day. About 10am the next morning the dealer said they could find nothing wrong with the bike and that as far as they knew the bike was safe to ride. So off we went and all was well for about 3 hours then the jerk stated again. As I looked over my shoulder to complain to the lovely Mrs Slapp about the performance of this fairly new Road King.... I discovered the source of the jerking! There she was doing the head nod. Every time she would start to fall asleep her head would bob to the left or right and she would jerk her head back up thereby creating the bike to jerk back and forth.
Needless to say to this day it is still a funny story between us. I solved the problem for future rides by getting her, her own bike. She has now moved up to a Heritage which she claims is the easiest bike she has ever ridden.

I really don't know if mine does or not. She is usually gabbing about something or another or taking pictures. If she is quiet for several minutes I'm checking to see if she is asleep. She always says "no". Don't need her falling off.

My wife doesnt want to ride and I dont want a girl frend..:17:..Doesn,t it make you feel sorry for me??:D

Mine never falls asleep...she is too busy griping, whining, telling me she has to stop and pee, or nagging me to slow down or saying its hot or I'am cold or are we there yet... or stop at that antique store or is that a garage sell or thats a pretty house, horse, cat, dog,flower,ect.ect.ect.ect...I think you get the picture:(

Mine never falls asleep...she is too busy griping, whining, telling me she has to stop and pee, or nagging me to slow down or saying its hot or I'am cold or are we there yet... or stop at that antique store or is that a garage sell or thats a pretty house, horse, cat, dog,flower,ect.ect.ect.ect...I think you get the picture:(

I think all that is very funny!! :):):) Sounds like a little lady I know.

Bill

Well.... I just scanned over every post. I have somehow not gotten around to this thread prior. I though maybe it was one of those isolated cases of Narcolepsy which I've read about.

But most of these appear to be normal (albeit sleepy) folks. Those Tourpaks must be awful comfortable. And fortunately they must kinda wrap around ya and just hug ya in there.

Glad no one was hurt.

Ya gotta love it !! My girl will wait till I enter a major intersection then JAB HER FINGER OUT SCREAMING THERES A GAS STATION !!
Now she makes fun of me... He has rules... no wigglin, no gigglin, no talkin, no pointin, no leanin, and if I have to talk...lightly...and i mean lighty as in don't startle the (EDIT) out of him!! ( he says he's concentrating) tap his shoulder so he knows which way to turn his head.

Maybe I'll get a big Tour-Pak and let her sleep.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back