free website stats program Does security have a back door? | Harley Davidson Forums

Does security have a back door?

jmoran3

I bought a used 2005 Electra Glide Standard and it's been running great.

For some reason, tonight I went to start it and the key indicator on the speedo came on and it won't turn over.

I didn't realize it had a security feature,, any way to reset it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Road glide memorial.jpg
    Road glide memorial.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 22
Do you have a key fob? If not, you should be able to disarm the security system with the manual code. Check the Owner's Manual or call the previous owner and ask them.

You can get new fobs from HD, but they have to sync them to the security system on your bike. I would try to get the original.

TQ

According to HD, my 2005 FLHTI didn't come equipped with a security system.
The red key indicator in the speedo stays on and I have no starting ability but,,, all my lights work.
The HD Service guy said to play with the switches and see if I can make it work.
Possible faulty 'run/stop' switch, ignition switch,

Although the lights may come on your battery might not be holding enough of a charge to spin the starter or maybe you have a blown fuse.

You could try jumping the solenoid by using a 14 gauge wire from the POS on the battery to the terminal with the green wire on the solenoid. If your ignition switch is on and the trans in neutral, it should crank and start if the starter and solenoid are in proper working order. Otherwise you have to go back into the wiring to the starter relay and test the circuits there to see where you are loosing the continuity.

Harley Davidson Community

Well, I ran the diagnostic and came back with ( 2 ) codes

B 1122 - Right turn output fault

U 1064 - Loss of TSM , Turn Signal Module Serial data to ESM

Cleared the codes and the U 1064 comes right back and still won't let the bike run

Found a fuse being blown in the fuse block for the Ignition, 15 amp,,,, changed it, cleared the code again ( U 1064 )
Turned the bike on and the fuse blew again,,,, same one

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you do anything on the handlebars lately?
I pinched a wire once in the control housings that was doing the same
WAP.gif

Back