free website stats program Does powdercoat count as 'custom paint'? | Harley Davidson Forums

Does powdercoat count as 'custom paint'?

2000 FXDWG, originally Deep Red and Vivid Black. Took her down this winter for something a bit different.

In the (almost) beginning...IMAG1593.jpg

And at the end...IMAG1972.jpgIMAG1973.jpg

Rear wheel/sprocket/belt guard/fender mount cover: IMAG1977.jpg This picture shows all four different colors on the bike.

Prismatic Powders, base coats are silver (battery box, belt guard, fender mount covers, rear wheel, and front rim and hub), chrome (tins), and grey (tank graphic, rotors, and sprocket). Top coats are TransCopper II on the belt guard, battery box, and fender mount covers; Transparent Copper on all the rest.

Wow that's pretty darn cool. Nice job!
WAP.gif

I owned a 2000 FXDS and I'M impressed with the LOOKS of yours...:D

Have you done anything to the motor?

They have had problems you may know OR Not... Early built 2000 1/2 year had the Ball bearing on the Rear cam Driving Both cams... It needed replacing with a Roller style bearing...

Look at your build date on the front down tube for the Year yours was built... Any date saying 99 was the early 1/2 year 2000... any date saying 00 was the second half.

More later IF you need...:D

signed....BUBBIE

I personally haven't done anything to the motor, but I believe it has a Stage I kit. I am second owner, picked her up at 10 years old with less than 6000 on the clock. Having some minor electrical issues at the moment; turn signal driving me batty!

Build date 11/99; I've had no engine problems, and I've put almost 30,000 miles on her. Did have to replace the starter, but that was electrical. Getting ready for our annual trip; theoretically we're leaving in about 13 hours...in practice, that may be Thursday morning :/

Some people think that bolting a "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" cover on a bike makes it "customized", so IMO your very nice powder coat more than makes it custom.

Back