free website stats program Does anyone store their bike in house | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does anyone store their bike in house

You can still squeeze the brake handle on the handle bar even if the bars are off of the mount as long as you don't disconnect any lines or cables. Sometimes you can leave the bars on the bike and turn them one direction and with help pickup the front of the bike by the wheel while holding the front brake to get it thru a doorway.

The Heritage spent last winter in the living room, up one step through a 29 inch door, across one room another doorway then into the living room, learned a few tricks in the process. Most important make sure the wife isn't home. If you park your wheel on a bathroom towel you can pull it sideways quite easy, having tile or hardwood floor helps. That should help get the bars throught the the door, once they are in you are in. Before you put it in there make a plan on how you will get it back out and consider the fire insurance thing. Good luck

neighbor rebuilt his sporty in basement took it down outside metal doors , walked it down step by step . if memory does me think we had four people .came out same way except had to be more carful new paint also done on the rebuild . as for me the sliding doors off and in the kitchen the baggers can fit ride them in LOL

I would worry as much about how to get it back out of my basemant as I would getting it down there. Gravity helps going down...............?

We installed French doors to fit the Electralide in the basement. The Dyna and Sporty would easily fit but the batwing would not go. We had sliding glass doors at first though.

Ok I made my decision, not gonna do it I'll keep in the the garage or shed like the last 3 winters. Thanks for all your input on this, just like to keep it warm and moist free. :D

Mine goes in the living room every winter. Before I got a pool table in there, I had tore down the bike twice right in the middle of the room. Now that I have a pool table (and hopefully done with the bike tear downs for awhile), the bike sits nicely in the corner.
My backdoor us 2" narrower than my bars. I was simply able to lean it one way, move forward, then lean it the other way. Got to where I could pull it in and out of the house almost quicker than it took me to get it in the shed.
30 some years ago my Dad rebuilt an old Super Glide in the upstairs apartment of an old farm house.

I used to store my 1998 Buell S3T in the house when I was single. I put a 4x8 piece of plywood covered in marine carpet over the floor and rolled the Buell on top of that. That was when I lived in DEN and didn't ride during the winter.

Now that I live in LAS and ride pretty much year round and have space in the garage, that same Buell sits next to my FLSTC..:D

Back