free website stats program does anyone have the 2011 update | Harley Davidson Forums

does anyone have the 2011 update

y2kflhr

pdf that shows all the technical update? I always like to see that.

I read somewhere else they changed the compensator to the SE version and a few other changes

I guess I was expecting a lot more to see and read about, but when I went to HD's website, there was not that much information available. I admit that this is the first time I have been really into the new models, but I feel sorta let down. Maybe there is more to come, or something I missed. Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley, I was just hoping for some really cool stuff.

Actually, the changes that they did to me seemed a bit "risky", and the real technical changes did not change the "perceived VALUE of the new models" in such a way as to make a person want to BUY ONE! Sales is an emotional thing, and doing a lot of changes that are hidden from view other than paint and such makes the new product more expensive to manufacture, and more part numbers to stock.

Consolidating the electronics for example: Option to package alarm system, ABS into one expensive "lump" seems to me expensive and unnecessary, The ECM, TSSM and such being separate and in production for many years...adding new part numbers, tech training hardware and software changes and such, it makes mods expensive...even if we do not know the details why yet. The changing of bearings, changing fasteners in the running gear (clutch and such), making new part numbers not downward compatible with earlier fabrications, and adding features that should have been incorporated makes inventory control and diagnostics more of a problem JMO.

Last edited:
Back