free website stats program Does anyone else have the "As long as I have it apart" sickness. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does anyone else have the "As long as I have it apart" sickness.

My leaking fork seal turned into a new front wheel, rotors, calipers, and a set of Ricor 'Intiminators' inside the forks.

I have that 'sickness' BAD! :D

I developed a bad leak from the left fork seal a few days ago. OK, seal kit and oil 40 bucks max. Oh, no. As long as I have it apart I might as well get Progressive mono-tubes. And as long as I have it apart I might as well change to chrome sliders. But that will make the stainless tins and beer cans look dull so as long as I have it apart I should replace them with chrome pieces. And as long as I have it apart I need to change to a polished, spoke pattern rotor. That means a matching rotor for the rear too. 40 bucks turned into 800 real quick.

LOL!! Yep!! But I cal it the "While I'm At It" syndrom. I don't have a bike yet but I am\was a hotrodder. It took me 10 years to finish my 71 Vette because everytime I started something I would think of something else. In the end I had way to much money in it but it was fun!!!!:yes

Wade

My tweeter pod and amp install ended up taking two days instead of a couple hours. I didn't like the suggested routing of the main power harness, so off came the tank. "As long as I have" the tank off, I decided to reroute all my previous "add on wires" and the amp power into my factory wiring loom. Then added another outlet for my GPS under the tank and wired to the acc switch. Then sound deaden-er to the inside of my outer fairing. Then reinforced my upper fairing brackets, then, then. I finally got it back together.

Back