Does anyone else have the "As long as I have it apart" sickness.

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by SoonerSoftail, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Active Member

I developed a bad leak from the left fork seal a few days ago. OK, seal kit and oil 40 bucks max. Oh, no. As long as I have it apart I might as well get Progressive mono-tubes. And as long as I have it apart I might as well change to chrome sliders. But that will make the stainless tins and beer cans look dull so as long as I have it apart I should replace them with chrome pieces. And as long as I have it apart I need to change to a polished, spoke pattern rotor. That means a matching rotor for the rear too. 40 bucks turned into 800 real quick.

2. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Yup.......it's an extremely contagious disease that seems to make it's way around:p

3. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

This site seems to spread the disease.

4. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Maybe we can treat it with a shot of Pledge and a few ounces of Amsoil:newsmile100:

5. Amish Hawg

Amish Hawg Active Member Contributor

Ha!! Just did that this weekend.

I think its a virus that incubates on the tools from the previous job. Unless saturated in 99.9% alcohol after every job, you're getting it again.

I think this site may be the trigger to wake it.:newsmile105:

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I don't think I would blame this site. I blame every last one of you that post a how do I do it thread, and than some knucklehead shows us how easy it is. As far as it incubating on the tools, it is a scientific fact that all metals have memory!

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:pAs do digital cameras:p

8. 90FXRS

90FXRS Junior Member Contributor

Sounds like a new meaning to AA.....As long as Anonymous.

9. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

There is a simple cure: a bad case of walletitus anemius.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Perhaps it is just that this site attracts the kind of people that will continually look for the next improvement on their bike and while it is apart might as well do it now

Brian