free website stats program Docking points and a backrest for a FLHT | Harley Davidson Forums

Docking points and a backrest for a FLHT

Nitzo

Frozen Account
Ok, another newbie question. I need to put a passenger backrest on my standard. What do ya'll suggest?

I stopped in at Miller's Custom Parts MILLER'S CUSTOM PARTS S. DAYTONA, FL (386) 761-0858 today and they were up around $500 for docking points and a backrest...........whew.....If that's what I'm looking at ok, but.......again, whew. I just got off riding a BMW, I guess Harley's are similar........lol.

Thanks,

Nitzo

You may want to check with a good parts man at HD. If your planning or even think you will ad a tour pack latter on you can get a detacable that will allow you to have either a back rest or tour pack a quickly change back and forth

+1.Thanks. Just the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Smitty, as usual, has the right answer. That's what I did, using the backrest now but later I may want the tour pack.

Smitty, as usual, has the right answer. That's what I did, using the backrest now but later I may want the tour pack.

Yep.

I went to Seminole Harley today and picked up my docking points and backrest.
If you are just using a backrest the docking points are different. If you are planning on both (backrest and tourpack) it's an esay fix to add the extra points.

I'm sure somewhere in the rules you aren't supposed to plug dealers. I'm going to try. If ya'll ever get down to Florida, Seminole Harley is the best. I've dealt with every kind of dealership there is and these guys rock. They are in Sanford, just off of I-4, close to Daytona, great place, don't pass em up.

Nitzo

Back