Docking Hardware

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Billbo, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Question - on later model touring bikes (2011 Road King) do you HAVE to buy and install the HD 4 point docking hardware in order to install a luggage rack and sissy bar? or are there after market bolt on parts?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

There are many aftermarket accesories that do not require any Harley Docking points. Look at J&P Cycle, Dennis Kirk, Custom Chrome, etc.

3. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

thanks Breeze --- but will they just "bolt on" ? It's as if HD only wants you to use the docking stations for sissy bars, luggage racks, windshields etc. I actually wonder if anyone is reporting any of these things being stolen right off their bikes??? Everything is "quick detach"

Bill

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Harley thought of theft. They offer locks, at additional cost of course! :p I can't think of anything I have NOT heard of being stolen. Most quality aftermarket parts fit with no modifications.

5. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Ok and thanks again Breeze. (sorry for being so late -- I just got back no 'puter today)

I see HD parts (luggage rack) that has the LOCKing clips, I may just go after that one. It still uses the 'HD Docking Hardware' tho.

Bill