free website stats program Docking Hardware | Harley Davidson Forums

Docking Hardware

Billbo

Question - on later model touring bikes (2011 Road King) do you HAVE to buy and install the HD 4 point docking hardware in order to install a luggage rack and sissy bar? or are there after market bolt on parts?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

There are many aftermarket accesories that do not require any Harley Docking points. Look at J&P Cycle, Dennis Kirk, Custom Chrome, etc.

There are many aftermarket accesories that do not require any Harley Docking points. Look at J&P Cycle, Dennis Kirk, Custom Chrome, etc.

thanks Breeze --- but will they just "bolt on" ? It's as if HD only wants you to use the docking stations for sissy bars, luggage racks, windshields etc. I actually wonder if anyone is reporting any of these things being stolen right off their bikes??? Everything is "quick detach"

Bill

thanks Breeze --- but will they just "bolt on" ? It's as if HD only wants you to use the docking stations for sissy bars, luggage racks, windshields etc. I actually wonder if anyone is reporting any of these things being stolen right off their bikes??? Everything is "quick detach"

Bill

Harley thought of theft. They offer locks, at additional cost of course! :p I can't think of anything I have NOT heard of being stolen. Most quality aftermarket parts fit with no modifications.

Harley thought of theft. They offer locks, at additional cost of course! :p I can't think of anything I have NOT heard of being stolen. Most quality aftermarket parts fit with no modifications.

Ok and thanks again Breeze. (sorry for being so late -- I just got back no 'puter today)

I see HD parts (luggage rack) that has the LOCKing clips, I may just go after that one. It still uses the 'HD Docking Hardware' tho.

Bill

Back