free website stats program Docking Hardware bushings | Harley Davidson Forums

Docking Hardware bushings

StGlide1958

Question is, what is the price on the docking hardware bushings? Bought some fresh ones the other day, front and back. Two came to a package, but I paid for each one of these "diamonds" (thats four). Part #'s for the rear were 53684-96a, fronts were 53685-96. Anybody else find this a bit strange that if two come to a package, you pay for them x2? Just wondered. Is there an alternative that anyone may know of, please let me know.

Can't say or justify that particular hardware, but I do know a pair are used for attaching sissy bar/rack as an option, so maybe that is the reason...

Question is, what is the price on the docking hardware bushings? Bought some fresh ones the other day, front and back. Two came to a package, but I paid for each one of these "diamonds" (thats four). Part #'s for the rear were 53684-96a, fronts were 53685-96. Anybody else find this a bit strange that if two come to a package, you pay for them x2? Just wondered. Is there an alternative that anyone may know of, please let me know.

I just searched several places on the net and ebay. They all list them as each, 2 required. Price ranged from $9 - $13. Also saw a link where a guy makes them from alum. I didn't check his price.

saw a link where a guy makes them from alum. I didn't check his price.

I went thru 2 sets of original rubber bushings and tried a set of aluminum ones... lasted 3 times as long but they too started to flat spot which caused a rattle. I removed the detachable system last year and don't miss it...

Back