free website stats program Dobeck vs. Download | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck vs. Download

FerrousBueller

Is it possible/practical to eliminate the Stage 1 download and adjust the air/fuel ratio with only the Doebeck?

I don't plan on adding any Stage 1 intake, or, exhaust parts immediately after buying the bike....of course, I could change my mind about that too.

Is it possible/practical to eliminate the Stage 1 download and adjust the air/fuel ratio with only the Doebeck?

I don't plan on adding any Stage 1 intake, or, exhaust parts immediately after buying the bike....of course, I could change my mind about that too.

I had the dealer do the stage 1 download, SE air filter. now i am doing the head pipes.

I talked to Doebeck, and they told me that the GEN3 will overide the download, so you do not have to worry about it
the nice thing with them is, you can change it later down the road for any new upgrades....My gen 3 should be here tommorow or Monday:D

I had the dealer do the stage 1 download, SE air filter. now i am doing the head pipes.

I talked to Doebeck, and they told me that the GEN3 will overide the download, so you do not have to worry about it
the nice thing with them is, you can change it later down the road for any new upgrades....My gen 3 should be here tommorow or Monday:D

The TFI's will Help any (even stock) harley right off the show room floor.(.)

I'm going to ask Dobecks IF i can try out the gen3.... Some Mods did,,,, I must of sold enough TFI's to warrant a trial?? Ha ha :rofl Ya Think??

signed....BUBBIE

They told me Gen3 is really the TFI with buttons.

also, they may be able to provide for more applications, which i will probably not use.

I figured, since i have the option for the same cost, why not stay up to date :s

Hopefully be here tommorow, or Monday !!!!

Also, dont forget to mention if you are a Vet, since they take of the ones who help protect our freedom.....thanks Doebeck !

That's what it lives for!!

I don't think it "overides" the download, but it will adjust the fuel delivery from the Stage 1 download point to a richer A/F so the engine performs better. But call Dobeck and discuss it with them so they can give you the starting point settings based on configuration and the download.

TQ

Last edited:
The TFI's will Help any (even stock) harley right off the show room floor.(.)

I'm going to ask Dobecks IF i can try out the gen3.... Some Mods did,,,, I must of sold enough TFI's to warrant a trial?? Ha ha :rofl Ya Think??

signed....BUBBIE

You get my vote of confidence:s

I think of my TFI as a throwback to having a carb bike, but with the efficiency of EFI. TFI allows you to adjust settings just like turning the air & fuel jets and this capability definitely improves performance. Saves $$$ too because you don't always have to get HD to tune your scoot w/every UG.

So far I'm hearing the answers I wanted to hear. Hoping someone from Dobeck will chime in soon to confirm.

I will be happy to call them with questions soon.

Thank You for all of your input so far.

The only thing that the stage one download will do over the TFI is to raise the rev limiter which doesn't do much for you in a stock motor.

Bypass the download and go with the TFI.

Back