Dobeck Tuner

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by fiveoh455, Apr 2, 2012.

1. fiveoh455

fiveoh455 Active Member

If I plan on leaving my 2012 RK completely stock (mufflers, air cleaner) will I see any benefits from installing a Dobeck Tuner? How soon can one be installed on a new bike?

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

She will run a little cooler from being fattened up a little. Do your 30 - 60 - 30 break in routine and you will be good to go.

3. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

I concur, I have no upgrades and put one on and it helped it run cooler and reduce-eliminate pinging.

4. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Harleys are Way TOO Lean off the showroom floor.

Install as soon as you want.I'd do the initial break-in 30/60/30 then install,

The EPA mandates what Harley can run the bikes at .(AFR)

Most ALL riders will agree "they Run too HOT to start with. Not enough fuel, they run HOT then TFI or Gen3 will allow them to Run Cool...

My wife asked me? "What did you do to the bike?"

I asked her Why she wanted to know.

She said "It felt so much cooler on her legs today".

I add a TFI the Night before to my 09 FLHR at 500 miles:D

What a difference in lower heat and get-up-n-go.

READ on the HDT Product Support Page by Dobecks and see What others have said about the TFI or Gen3...

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

You get a very good discount (50$ and free shipping) by just being a HDT member. Order by Phone, telling them you are a HDT member... Other discounts May be available, ASK them...

signed....BUBBIE

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

And...then you're ready if/when the upgrade bug ever bites you...:D

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Even in stock form on top of feeling cooler the bike will perform much better with the TFI.

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I agree that the bike runs cooler, and better too but, since I had the Dobeck put on my bike in the Fall of last year my gas mileage on my '03 Ultra is down. Way down! :( I used to be able to fill up my 5 gallon tank and go roughly 170 miles. Now the fuel light comes on at around 137! What is up with that? I love the way the bike runs but that seems to be one heck of a drop in fuel economy. Is there a way I can tweak the settings where I still no longer get the decell popping but get better fuel economy? I have been meaning to call Dobeck as I have dealt with them when I ordered it. They were very helpful so I thought that I might call them and have them walk me through my settings. In the meantime what do I do? Right now the alternative is to fill 'er up a lot more frequently! :(

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Your settings sound to be way too rich.
    Reset at high idle again to make sure it is at it's smoothest at 1800 rpm.
    Then turn your accelerator pot down by .5 (red pot)
    You can keep turning it down slowly until you feel a difference in acceleration.
    This should cure your mileage problems.

9. tyre

tyre Active Member

You need any help on the install pm me I'm in the area, 'mine works great. tfi.:s

10. fiveoh455

fiveoh455 Active Member

Thanks to all...looks like I'll be making the call to Dobeck's.