free website stats program dobeck TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

dobeck TFI

blues821

anyone useing the TFI unit from dobeck performance ? i had one on my metric cruiser and thought it did a good job but i never could get it just right seemed i was always just a tad rich not that , thats a problem but sometimes id get the gas smell at a stop light and if i really climbed into it the bike would blow black smoke .. my plugs always looked perfect so all and all i was happy with the unit ... now with the road king im useing the xieds and im happy with them they do what they say they will ,but im thinking of changeing the intake and ive already got the rush slipp-ons so im thinkin that a more tuneable fueling device is needed ..i dont think the xieds will handle the added air flow witch will lean the bike back out ,something that im not willing to do,so the tfi is looking like an option as its user tuneable and you dont need a lap top or a dyno to use it

I have the TFI. I set it according to their recommendation and I have no problems at all. No gas smell or smoke. I am happy with it and I like the fact it leaves no fingerprint on your ECM. With HD facing tough times, I don't want to provide them with any reasons concerning waranty issues if ever needed. Can't beat the company either, they stand behind the TFI regardless of whatever may happen.

I've gone with the TFI and when I hook it up and take it for a ride if there are any problems Glider is going to hear about it(just joking)

For everybody that has installed the TFI: Did you leave the O2 sensors in place or ireplaced them plugs instead?

Back