dobeck TFI

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by blues821, Nov 29, 2008.

1. blues821

blues821 Active Member

anyone useing the TFI unit from dobeck performance ? i had one on my metric cruiser and thought it did a good job but i never could get it just right seemed i was always just a tad rich not that , thats a problem but sometimes id get the gas smell at a stop light and if i really climbed into it the bike would blow black smoke .. my plugs always looked perfect so all and all i was happy with the unit ... now with the road king im useing the xieds and im happy with them they do what they say they will ,but im thinking of changeing the intake and ive already got the rush slipp-ons so im thinkin that a more tuneable fueling device is needed ..i dont think the xieds will handle the added air flow witch will lean the bike back out ,something that im not willing to do,so the tfi is looking like an option as its user tuneable and you dont need a lap top or a dyno to use it

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Very respectable unit that works. Many topics on it in the self help forum.

3. 09ultra

09ultra Banned

I have the TFI. I set it according to their recommendation and I have no problems at all. No gas smell or smoke. I am happy with it and I like the fact it leaves no fingerprint on your ECM. With HD facing tough times, I don't want to provide them with any reasons concerning waranty issues if ever needed. Can't beat the company either, they stand behind the TFI regardless of whatever may happen.

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

works great i installed little bit ago on my 08 RKC

5. blues821

blues821 Active Member

thx fellas

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I've gone with the TFI and when I hook it up and take it for a ride if there are any problems Glider is going to hear about it(just joking)

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Always wanted to visit Canada, so you fly me up there if you have any problems.:D

8. tgriesel

tgriesel Member

For everybody that has installed the TFI: Did you leave the O2 sensors in place or ireplaced them plugs instead?

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

You can do either, depending on your tastes. I covered the plugs on the pigtail to keep them clean.

NAPAONLINE®

10. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

You might like it so much you'll want to stay.:D