free website stats program Dobeck TFI | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck TFI

Hi Guys,
Drove to the States this morning to get my unit which arrived promptly. I am very excited. Install looks really simple and they called me back with a simple question I had.

I will update in next 48/72 hours about results... cant wait.

If you do a write up on the installation explaining the ease of installation etc., I can post it for you in the write up section.:s

Good Saturday morning Glider & Gents,
Im still smiling from ear to ear... because I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!
Goodness easy doesnt begin to describe it. Allow me to summarize exactly what I did:
1) Removed seat and at same time disconnected the negative battery terminal as mentioned in instructions.
2) I then removed the gas tank. Removal is really easy.. 4 bolts and gas line. I have read how some people just remove the back screw and tilt the tank up. I am against this. Remove the tank so you have room to work properly and freely.
3) I placed TFI unit right above the battery "area" and just dragged the 1st of two wires to the engine. Right on top between the two cylinders are the injectors with their plugs. Wires are red/yellow and so are the wires from Dobeck. Disconnect the HD wires, plug them into Dobeck plug, and then take the Dobeck wire and plug into the injector. This took 39 - 45 seconds.
4) Removed the right hand side rear side panel. It agains exposed the two O2 sensor plugs which are color coded. This was eaven easier as the actual plugs are each differently colored. One grey & the other black. Disconnected the HD plugs, pluged the Doebeck into bike & then the original plug into the Dobeck unit. Boy... this was 25 seconds.
5) I tightened battery terminal back properly.
6) Took some tie-wraps to properly tie the wires out of the way & out of sight. This is why its a good idea to have tank off. Spent at most 5 minutes properly tying the two wires.
7) Reinstalled everything.. crancked bike over and started much quicker then before install and Dobeck unit did the "green light / red light" signal to let me know all was kosher.

I am a NON technical guy who just doesnt like getting his hands dirty. This was fun !!! and easy as pie.

I also will tell you that at same time I installed the SE air intake. I was actually waiting for a Friend of mine to come over & do this part for me. But as I just removed the original air intake... I saw there was othing to it. 25 mnutes and stage 1 is done.

Guys... trust me.. EASY !!

Hi,
Well, I wanted to update you all and anyone who is thinking about this unit from Doebeck.

At first I did notice a different sound from my single pipe (2010 FLHX) and I thought I felt a difference in the performance. I was not blown away in any way frankly and tried really hard to figure out why everyone here without exception was. "googa" over this unit.

Anywho.. A few lengthy rides since and I simply have a new bike. Omg.. The power I am getting because of this unit is unreal.. Even on highway.. It just fun now to crank it up lol. I read somewhere here that no doubt I will have to change tire sooner... They weren't kidding. Also, this past weekend at speeds of 50-60 mph.. I noticed I was in 4th and 5th gear more than in 6th. The bike was just taking it with zero problems.. Granted rpms were up there 4k... But bike was just humming...
I LOVE THIS DOEBECK GIZMO..
Thought I'd share
WAP.gif

I know it will take a few runs to fully evaluate my new TFI. I have recently installed the old model screwdriver POTS TFI. But due to brake issues, love bugs and getting some much needed partime work, haven't riden enough to fully evaluate it. I can tell a slightly different smell coming out of the pipes though as soon as I fired it up.

I have a Stage 1 (pipes-AC) bike but also had the old dealer stage 1 map download (came on the bike used). So on advice from a couple of folks to just set mine slightly below the Stage 1 recommended settings to compensate for the still lean dealer map, that's what I did. It seems to run great so far. The engine seems to have settled down and runs smoother sounding with a little quicker throttle response. Nothing real dramatic other than those two items but again haven't rode it much yet.

Back