free website stats program Dobeck TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck TFI

I just put a Gen3 on and it's very easy. Removing the tank is the hardest part and most work but it really isn't a big deal either. It's the best money you'll spend on your bike, trust me. :D

I just put one on my FLHT and on my FLHRC. IMHO the reinstall of the console is the hardest part. That being said, the bikes run soooo... good now. flhrrider

Glider you seem to be the one with most of the answers on this product and I respect your knowledge on it, can you recomend the best air intake for me knowing I am not going to change my pipes at this time I'm just doing the TFI and air intake on a 08 RK flhr. thanks

I prefer the HD stage 1 with a K&N filter if possible.

I wish there was a manual for guys like me who just "don't get it" lol. Stage 1, stage 2.. Madonne!!! I'm so lost. I was hoping to order this snazzy air
Intake from a company called "kurakyn" or something like that.. I'm sure the pros know who I am talking about. I just have to make sure
It will work with the new TFI I am ordering which apparently has a CO2 sensor.

However, our esteemed Friend Glider now mentions Stage 1 with K&N filter.. What's that?.
Lost ..
WAP.gif

I wish there was a manual for guys like me who just "don't get it" lol. Stage 1, stage 2.. Madonne!!! I'm so lost. I was hoping to order this snazzy air
Intake from a company called "kurakyn" or something like that.. I'm sure the pros know who I am talking about. I just have to make sure
It will work with the new TFI I am ordering which apparently has a CO2 sensor.

However, our esteemed Friend Glider now mentions Stage 1 with K&N filter.. What's that?.
Lost ..
WAP.gif

trying to find a link to the stages explained, it is the help section somewhere when i find it i will post it in this thread. was done my Glider

Glider will keep you straight, It still amazies me how fast questions are answered of this forum,, with the support being endless, no wonder why its almost up to 50,000 members,,, You'll love the TFI..:D

I understand what Stage 1 means now. Ie: first initial upgrade.. Pipes / airflow / TFI.

But what does Glider mean by: I prefer the HD stage 1 with a K&N filter if possible.
Does he mean he prefers the air intake from HD as opposed to other after market manufacturers?.
Tks
[Reply] [!!]
WAP.gif

Lost ..

The stage 1 is just a term that is used for the upgraded intake setup and mufflers etc. whether it's from HD, Arlen Ness, Kuryakyn or any other vender.

You should really look in the self help area, the stages are explained in there...
Here's the link to them...

Harley Davidson Community

I understand what Stage 1 means now. Ie: first initial upgrade.. Pipes / airflow / TFI.

But what does Glider mean by: I prefer the HD stage 1 with a K&N filter if possible.
Does he mean he prefers the air intake from HD as opposed to other after market manufacturers?.
Tks
[Reply] [!!]

The stage 1 from HD is the complete kit of what you need and it's a quality unit. Others like the Ness unit have had their problems with the backing plate cracking.

The HD unit sometimes comes with the washable filter but it doesn't get oiled. What I have done on a few occasions is to get the HD stage 1 and order a K&N for another $42 from autozone and put it into the HD Stage 1 to get the best package out of them both.

Last edited:
Hi Glider
Understand you now. But the "look" of the air intake a rider may want also plays a factor right?. HD may make a
great kit.. But if I don't like the look of it (I will try and find this in their parts catalog) I can go with another manufacturer.
Tks

The stage 1 is just a term that is used for the upgraded intake setup and mufflers etc. whether it's from HD, Arlen Ness, Kuryakyn or any other vender.

You should really look in the self help area, the stages are explained in there...
Here's the link to them...

Harley Davidson Community

The stage 1 from HD is the complete kit of what you need and it's a quality unit. Others like the Ness unit have had their problems with the backing plate cracking.

The HD unit sometimes comes with the washable filter but it doesn't get oiled. What I have done on a few occasions is to get the HD stage 1 and order a K&N for another $42 from autozone and put it into the HD Stage 1 to get the best package out of them both.[/QUOTE]
WAP.gif

Back