free website stats program Dobeck TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck TFI

israguard

Good morning,
A ton has been asked & answered here about TFI units & especially from Dobeck industries.

My "skills" are good for changing fluids.. thats about it on the bike. If I buy this puppy ( EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft ) is this something I can do myself or do I need someone who really knows their stuff. I have removed the gas tank once to get to the wiring harness etc. But is this really.. "plug & start" and bike will just run better ?. I have no desire for more power / speed.. but if bike is running too lean and will operate better, then for me its a no brainer.

Thanks

How many times this same question has been answered and the only way to properly answer it is this...

"Anybody can install this unit with no previous mechanical skills needed".

It's plug and play and the recommended settings come with the unit. The gen3 units are pre programmed for your application if you can't use a small screw driver to change the settings.

I just put a Gen3 on and it's very easy. Removing the tank is the hardest part and most work but it really isn't a big deal either. It's the best money you'll spend on your bike, trust me. :D

Thanks Geezer. I cant see the Gen 3 units on their site so I will call them. Im also up in Montreal... so curious to see if they sell through any Canadian distributor. Otherwise.. another 1/2 day off and a noce ride to the Canadian/US Border to pick it up... ahhh the stress :p. The response about this product is really unbelievable... so I'm doing it today.

I am also planning on changing my air intake. Since the Gen 3 units work automatically.. does it matter what I install first ?
Tks

I've found it's much faster and easier to have it shipped to a US border site and bring it across personally. It'll be free shipping to the lower 48 and won't be tied up at Canada Customs for who knows how long.

I also have the generation 3. I had just had a massive heart attack but I was wanting it installed so the Wife and my Daughter installed and fine tuned it for me. Honestly all I did was sit close by and as I like to feel supervised the install. Great product, you will be happy with the outcome.

Dobeck have answered my e mails promptly which is very nice. They now have a newer model with a CO sensor (whatever that means). So I am ordering the latest model
And the air intake... Yahoo
WAP.gif

Back