free website stats program Dobeck Tech Support | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck Tech Support

horizonchaser

Contributor
Kudos for Matt at Dobeck for helping me reset the pots on my TFI and get me back to the gas mileage that I had before I had the TFI installed. I had lost like 40 miles off of my travelling distance before I have to refill. Prior to the TFI I was getting roughly 170 miles on five gallons of fuel on my '03 Ultra. Once it was installed I would go like 135 miles before the low gas warning light would come on. Not good! So I called Dobeck and spoke with Matt and over the phone he had me ( well actually he had my friend, who has much better eyes than me) adjust the settings. He said I was way to rich. I took her for a long ride and with a quarter of a tank to go I am at 155 miles on the odometer. So I should be right about where I was before, or even better, now that it is adjusted. And still, the decell popping is cured so I am thankfully in a win win situation.

Last edited:
I am getting popping mostly only when I shift up to second gear, do you have any suggestions?? I have the yellow 5.5 higher then the recommended setting, it stopped the popping on deceleration, it still gurgles a little on decel.

I can suggest that you call Dobeck and speak with Matt. I was on the phone with him explaining the way my gas mileage had fallen way off. He was familiar with my bike and told me the pot settings while I was live on the phone with him. Afterwards my bike ran great and I got my mpg back. I am sure that he would do likewise with you.
Give hime a call.

i went and pulled the trigger today. ordered a gen3 for 07 sporty. hope it cures my decel pop. i have been through 2 tuners and i really hope this one works!

i went and pulled the trigger today. ordered a gen3 for 07 sporty. hope it cures my decel pop. i have been through 2 tuners and i really hope this one works!
Good luck & let us know if it cured your problem. All I can say is that the TFI worked for me. :)

Back