free website stats program Dobeck or V & H Fuelpack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck or V & H Fuelpack

I have to disagree a bit with some of the previous comments. The Fuelpak is really easy to install, ..just plug and play..the O2 sensors don't have to be unplugged..all you do is plug the Fuelpack into the ECM, punch in the numbers provided with the Fuelpack and you're done. Also, Vand H provide the settings for a number of aftermarket exhaust systems other than Vance and Hines. And, if the exhaust system you want to use isn't included in their list, all you have to do is shoot them an email, tell them what you want to use and they'll email the settings back...simple. Now, if you plan on making changes to your bike other than a stage 1, the TFI would be the way to go. So, for a stage 1 upgrade only, the Fuelpak is the simplest and easiest. Oyher that that...a TFI is your best bet.

Couldn't agree more Subby. I love my fuelpak and will put one on my next ride as well. Everyone talks about being able to adjust the TFI, which is spot on, but with the map provided from V&H for my set up, I didn't have to adjust a thing and I am very happy with the performance of the unit. V&H hit it spot on. I didn't want to mess with "pot" settings, taking the bike out for a ride and readjusting, messing with the injector harness or running wires neatly from the injectors to the unit. It really can't get easier than installing the Fuelpak. JMHO

Last edited:
I might point out here that the V&H Fuelpack is built around THEIR parts and if you vary in selection of your add on's the V&H does not have a "map" for your parts and you have to contact them to find out what settings would be best for your application.

I had to double check my facts before responding, but this statement isn't entirely correct. V&H has in fact quite a few maps for products that are from other manufacturers (Rienhart, Screamin Eagle, Rush etc.). Are you going to run into an occasional combination that they have not mapped? Sure, but I feel that is the exception and not the rule. Primarily the problem with a factory V&H map only comes into play with internal engine modifications, and they even have some maps for the more common cams, pistons, etc.

Very true in some respects but why have to deal with "maps" at all when the TFI gen3 and Gen 4 are adjustable for your combination very easily?:D

To me that's a no brainier.

To me that's a no brainier.

I couldn't agree more. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree :).

Options and opinions are what make the world go 'round and it's nice to have them all respectfully discussed here.

I just got one of the questions answered I was wondering about. I like the idea of not having to unplug my O2 sensors. Might have to take another look at the V&H Fuelpack.

V&H's has a bunch of setups on their website and if they don't offer your setup you can send them your specifics and a tech will work you one up. Be sure and use the webpage though cause lately they don't answer email. (they used to but not a couple of months ago) they will answer the phone.

Two things left me hanging on the fuel pak. One it's a piggy back and it takes up more room and I don't have a lot of room under my seat. Two I never really understood how the piggy back could alter (or successfully) add fuel in a closed loop system. I mean I can see how it can alter the ECM's lean instructions coming thru it, but then when the altered fuel is added the O2 sensor's are just gonna report back resulting data to the ECM all over again. Never could see how that wasn't a cat, a rat and a piece of cheese scenario.

steve07,
My 2010 is a CA model and has two 02 sensors just aft of the Cat. Doesn't the Gen 4 require a new bung to be installed on in the head pipe to install the bosch 02 sensor?

Gen 4 hands down, I have three customers that have been running them on 07’s & a 09 FLHX, you could get their guns away from them easier than their GEN 4’s, lol The 09 had a super tuner with a dyno tuned map before we did the install and he seen a large performance gain in "roll-on" acceleration and made a huge difference in passing, my customers personal input have made a true believer out of me in the GEN 4. Been busy setting up a new shop and haven’t talked to Mark in a couple months so don’t know if they have the GEN 4’s set up to use the new smaller 02 sensor yet or not but my personal bike I’m building will have a GEN 4 on it, and I’m a TTS dealer who always preferred software upgrades but seeing how my customers bikes run now has sold me on the GEN 4. It’s easy to use and it works great!

I would like to add/share my comments at this time.
I was having irregularity with rpm's when hot and backfiring on decelleration.
I read much about the Dobeck and from that was sold on getting it for my 08 FB. They seem commited with support for a good product, and I admire their discounts for military riders.

However, my decision came down to service or support. Cycle Works in Elk River did the dyno tune before shipping to vietnam. Willy's experience is with the Power Commander. Only modifications to bike are Reinharts 2:1 & a K&N filter. To keep things simple should I need support I went with the PC V. Immediately after installation I felt great improvement and after 1,000+ miles am very satisfied with the operations of it. Good idle at hi temp, no more backfiring and great throttle response.

Fortunately I have leather bags which I hang the PC V unit conveniently into. I didn't bother trying to mount on the inside of the mud gaurd, which looked like a very difficult & poor location. Also, the connectors do not quite fit the way instructions say, but; removing the mounting plate and sticking the main module to the fender and a adding a little rubber spacing between the seat and frame they fit fine.

Hope the competition remains healthy and benefical for all.

Back