free website stats program Dobeck or V & H Fuelpack | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck or V & H Fuelpack

Hey Everybody...
Ordered Vance & Hines Big Shots for my '11 Limited. Putting a Ness Big Sucker on too.
I'm stuck between a Dobeck Gen-4 TFI and a Vance & Hines FuelPack.

I'm ready, lay those opinions on me. Kick my (EDIT) of the fence.

I'm certain Glider will be by shortly to assist you in moving your mule. :D The Dobeck is easy to install and easy to adjust. They also give great sevice. Others will give you an opinion on comparing them against each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind if I lurk? I have been on the fence about the same thing. Dobeck offers great incentives to the military community. Hoping to learn more here about the Fuelpack before I commit.

Gen 3 or Gen 4 are the way to go. No programming like the Fuelpac. Best bang for the buck and fantastic support if you need it.

I have had the Gen 3 on my bike since I bought it and would have to say that it is the best addition I have ever put on a bike. My only problem is that now I would rather have the 4 because of the gauge installed in place of the worthless air gauge. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I have the fuel pk.....its OK but Im sold on the Gen 3 or 4 on my next ride....I would like to be able to experiment with the seatings if I want to but from what I here its are real good right out the box..

I might point out here that the V&H Fuelpack is built around THEIR parts and if you vary in selection of your add on's the V&H does not have a "map" for your parts and you have to contact them to find out what settings would be best for your application.

I have to disagree a bit with some of the previous comments. The Fuelpak is really easy to install, ..just plug and play..the O2 sensors don't have to be unplugged..all you do is plug the Fuelpack into the ECM, punch in the numbers provided with the Fuelpack and you're done. Also, Vand H provide the settings for a number of aftermarket exhaust systems other than Vance and Hines. And, if the exhaust system you want to use isn't included in their list, all you have to do is shoot them an email, tell them what you want to use and they'll email the settings back...simple. Now, if you plan on making changes to your bike other than a stage 1, the TFI would be the way to go. So, for a stage 1 upgrade only, the Fuelpak is the simplest and easiest. Oyher that that...a TFI is your best bet.

Back