free website stats program Dobeck - New Tuner - wide band O2s and AFR gauge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck - New Tuner - wide band O2s and AFR gauge

I did ask Mark about a stand alone AFR to work with Gen 3, the answer was no you would have to upgrade to the GEN 4 but he did say he would discount to anyone that already has the GEN 3 for the upgrade, would you expect anything less from Dolbeck Performance? I should shut up now before I misquote something. As soon as the GEN 4 is finished I'm sure Mark or someone from Dolbeck Performance will answer all your questions accurately. Anything I say here is just hear say.

My apologies if it's already been posted, but... When does Mark think the Gen 4 will be available?

Thank You!

My apologies if it's already been posted, but... When does Mark think the Gen 4 will be available?

Thank You!

No apologies ever needed on this forum, here I go over stepping my bounds again lol, as far as when it will be available?
I don't think anyone can say for sure untill it's finished and working 110%, you might shoot your question to Dobeck Q&A for a ball park answer.

Or you can call them here Toll Free: 1-877-764-3337 (1-877-SNIFFER)

Great people to do business with.

HDTimeline Forum Members,

GEN 4 is still in beta testing. I will make a formal announcement on this forum when the product is available. Specific applications will be available this summer.

Thank you.

Dallas Fischer
CIO

I Have the bike on Chopper's Facebook page. I like the AFR gauge It is going GOOD for a new test :newsmile108: THANKS Mark & Chop

IT is cool THANKS to All of YOU !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IT is cool THANKS to All of YOU !!!!!

Have Mark and Chop allowed You to play with it or are they having all the fun??

I hope the workings is like I think it will be as I look forward to install early-on in my 09 FLHR...

signed....BUBBIE

I just hope the basic TFi will still be around.

I think it will Smitty.

The TFI is so simple to install and use with MANY Happy users.

Lot of riders Won't want the New Gen4 and Just be satisfied with the TFI or Gen3... ALL Very good products that work.

My understanding is the Gen4 is just that, Another product Offered by Dobecks Performance for those who wish to do it differently...

JMO

signed....BUBBIE

Looking to do this on the 04 RK stock motor, should I wait and see what the new and improved is ? Thanks Tim

OK after more clicking , looking and reading I have managed to answer my own question in that what I want to do is improve the stock motor at this time, so the Gen3 and the improved Gen4 is not what I need. I am Looking for a tuner and have read a lot of the post's on the fuelpak and the TFI. Remembering that you are answering a first time Harley owner and my technical understanding of the motor and its componets is limited with the fuelpak and the TFI installing differently one plugging into the ECM and the other into the injectors do they operate the same ?Can I truly based on limited experience adjust the TFI correctly as apposed to punching in the codes from the set up that best matches what I am doing ? Thanks Tim

Tim

IMO the TFI is the way to go. There is no punching in codes or mapping and it does connect to the injector plugs. It's a very easy install and I have used many of them on different bikes and they never come up short. Unlike other tuners that you need maps or downloads for, the TFI is adjusted with a small screwdriver on most models except the brand new ones. They come with recommended settings for your bike and it's as easy as just turning the pot settings much like a screw to the recommended settings and you go ride.

TFIpotsettings.jpg

Back