free website stats program Dobeck Gen 3 EJK | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck Gen 3 EJK

glazier

Getting ready to install my Gen 3 and SE hi flow a/c today. Does anyone who has installed one of these have any tips or things to watch out for on installing the Gen 3???
Thanks.

I found it easier to take tank off than just raising it. I could also run the wires better with it off. :D

Thanks Jack. Yeah, it was much easier to remove the tank and as long as it was removed, I was able to give it a good cleaning under there. Got the Gen 3 and the new a/c installed. No problemo. Started right up afterwards. Runs great and sounds much better, but still have the same slight pop on deceleration occasionally. Might need some fine tweeking. Can't wait to get her out on the highway and see how she runs :D

No dyno. Dobeck will rent a gauge for $20/week to hook up temporarily to give me the AFR readings and I'll get that soon and dial it in myself. It's real close as it is right out of the package. Just needs a wee bit of fine tuning.

Took her out for a good ride yesterday after completing my Stage I last weekend. Definitely much cooler and can notice more power. It seems to cruise much more effortlessly. Sounds better too. Still getting some popping on decel though. Had it before and it's a wee bit worse now, but still nothing major. Would like to eliminate it if possible. Any suggestions which mode to adjust and by how much??? Its still in the same configuration as it was sent to me.
Thanks.

Took her out for a good ride yesterday after completing my Stage I last weekend. Definitely much cooler and can notice more power. It seems to cruise much more effortlessly. Sounds better too. Still getting some popping on decel though. Had it before and it's a wee bit worse now, but still nothing major. Would like to eliminate it if possible. Any suggestions which mode to adjust and by how much??? Its still in the same configuration as it was sent to me.
Thanks.

the gb mode adjusts decel fuel. my settings are g-3. y-2.5. r-2.5 gb-2 yb-4.5 and rb-5. I have no decel popping and get great cruise mileage, about 46 mpg.
locally I get about 35mpg cause I like to hear her sing:D

the gb mode adjusts decel fuel. my settings are g-3. y-2.5. r-2.5 gb-2 yb-4.5 and rb-5. I have no decel popping and get great cruise mileage, about 46 mpg.
locally I get about 35mpg cause I like to hear her sing:D

Thanks. Will check your settings to mine. I wonder if our settings should be similar even though we have the same motors, but different bikes. Dobeck says to increase the yellow mode by .5 - 1.0 to eliminate the decel popping, but you're saying the GB will do it. I'm sooooo confused!!!!! :newsmile08:
Think I'll bump up the yellow first and see what that does.

Back