free website stats program Dobeck EJK Install Mystery 2011 FLHTK | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck EJK Install Mystery 2011 FLHTK

rusntx

First of all I want to say that Dobeck are top notch folks! Ordered a unit per their recommendation and had it in my hands 2 days later.I spoke to them this afternoon and sent an email this evening waiting on reply concerning my post install mystery. Installing unit on my 2011 FLHTK (stage 1)...Installation is a piece of cake. After install, to include double pinned red wire on the front cylinder, disconnecting O2 sensors installing shorting plugs ECM side. Lights scroll and left green stays on or slowly flashes on start up indicating all is well. BUT...Only the front cylinder will fire. Verified connections several times to include disconnecting and reconnecting, pulling on plugs to verify connection. with same results. The interesting thing in all this is if I go back to stock both cylinders fire and the bike runs fine. Switched back and forth several times with same result. Faulty unit IDK, gremlins perhaps... Anxious to hear back from Dobeck....

I wanted to give a quick shout out to Chris from Dobeck...all weekend long he has been in email contact with me. Man, that quality of customer service is virtually unheard of today. I still have the issue... my ejk is removed back to stock.Pretty weather time for a ride albeit a bit on the lean side. The saga continues... Thx Chris!!!!

Update: Chris at Dobeck sent me a replacement unit while I was out of town. Got the new one installed this morning and it fired right up on both cylinders...imagine that;). Took the bike out for a short test ride all is well, ran good with no popping on decel. Will run at initial settings for a while to see if any tweaks are needed. Can not say enough good things about Dobeck...Chris and their customer service is outstanding. Thanks Dobeck! disclaimer. I have no financial interest in Dobeck...just a very happy customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you got 'er sussed!! Great. Very glad that you had good experience with Dobeck too. I second your shout out to Chris!

I have an EJK on my '12 UC. Very good piece of kit for what it does.

Cheers,

TQ

Back