free website stats program Dobeck appears to have flown the coup | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck appears to have flown the coup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobeck Performance is alive and well!

Our sincerest apologies for our absence!

We have lots of new faces here at Dobeck since we started working with HDTimeline a few years back and the designated forum position has changed hands a few times.

We have also adjusted some forum settings so we can keep better tabs on when members are trying to reach out to us. We will also be able to keep better tabs on the threads addressing fuel tuning.

Our HD Talking Members discount is alive and well.
Feel free to send us a PM to get your promo code or if you have any specific questions. We will be happy to answer.

Again, we apologize for our absence on the forum.
We will be keeping better tabs from now on.

If it seems like we haven't been on for a while, feel free to email sales or tech @dobeckperformance.com and give us some grief!

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

--TuningHQ

We have lots of new faces here at Dobeck since we started working with HDTimeline a few years back and the designated forum position has changed hands a few times.

We have also adjusted some forum settings so we can keep better tabs on when members are trying to reach out to us. We will also be able to keep better tabs on the threads addressing fuel tuning.

Feel free to send us a PM to get your promo code or if you have any specific questions. We will be happy to answer.

If it seems like we haven't been on for a while, feel free to email sales or tech @dobeckperformance.com and give us some grief!

--TuningHQ

Good to see you're back in the saddle again.

--TuningHQ

Excellent!

--TuningHQ

Here is my question: I have a 2009 twin cam 96". I have been using your 1252 TFI for the last 6 years with good results. I am going to replace my original OEM cams with S&S 551C cams next week and am wondering if the old TFI will handle the S&S cams. If not, what do you recommend.

Here is my question: I have a 2009 twin cam 96". I have been using your 1252 TFI for the last 6 years with good results. I am going to replace my original OEM cams with S&S 551C cams next week and am wondering if the old TFI will handle the S&S cams. If not, what do you recommend.

Retrop, if you don't hear back in a few day's You may want to give them a call, Dobeck may not check back in for a bit.:s

Had one on my ultra. Lasted about a year and left me stranded in the hills of West Va. Pulled it off and set everything back to factory specs. 30 K later, no issues. Tried contacting company, no response. You couldn't give me one of their products again. JMHO, I could be wrong.

The S&S 551C is a fairly aggressive cam. In general cams like this richen up your low rpm and lean out higher RPMs. The TFI should not have an issue fueling the mid and high rpm range. Since the TFI only adds fuel, tuning the low rpm range and idle may be a bit more difficult.

You have a couple options:

If the bike is running overly rich at idle, you can try raising the 4th pot on the TFI to above 7. Moving the 4th pot setting to above 7 will cause the TFI to begin fueling at 1150 RPM rather than at idle. This way we begin adding fuel just after idle when the fueling leans out because of the cam and we are not adding fuel to the rich idle.

If it is still overly rich at idle, you may need to pull fuel in your low rpm range. Since the TFI only adds fuel, you would require a Gen 3.5 which can pull fuel as well as add fuel to stock. The Gen 3.5 would be more than adequate at tuning your Harley for the new cam.

Another option is getting a download from Harley for that cam or a cam with a similar profile. That download for the cam will change the bike to the emissions/street legal tune up that is lean and your TFI you have now will be able to correct the fueling no problem.

You could rent our SAFR(stand-alone air/fuel ratio) diagnostic tool to see exactly how the bike is running with the cam. This will tell you for sure if the TFI will be adequate or not. You could also dial in your tune up with the SAFR if you get a Gen 3.5.

Our AFR+ Gen 4 is also an option. This is an AFR gauge and fuel controller all in one system.

Give our tech support a call if you have questions about these options and we can explain them in more detail. 1.877.764.3337

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

--TuningHQ

Had one on my ultra. Lasted about a year and left me stranded in the hills of West Va. Pulled it off and set everything back to factory specs. 30 K later, no issues. Tried contacting company, no response. You couldn't give me one of their products again. JMHO, I could be wrong.

LawDog,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.
We apologize that you could not reach us.
How did you try contacting us? When was it?

Send me a PM if there is anything I can do to help make it right.

Our tech support is always here to help.
We try to respond to any email or voicemail message we receive within 1 business day.

As a reminder to all forum members, tech support lines are open 9-5pm Monday-Friday.
Send an email anytime to tech@dobeckperformance.com

We are working on improving this support directly on the forum.
If anyone is ever unable to reach us on the forum, please do not hesitate to email or call us.

-TuningHQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back