free website stats program Dobeck appears to have flown the coup | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck appears to have flown the coup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to knock any company or product unless I have trouble with their poduct and they won't stand behind it.

Not to hijack but glazier have u rode the new bikes 2014,2015 limited? Very sweet ride more power bigger smile.

No, I haven't rode one of the newer ones. I'm real happy with mine. Getting ready to upgrade exhaust & cams soon. Then she'll be as good as I need.

I think with a audience of 80,000 members that would be enough of a reason to be involved.
I do not see that the traffic here reflects a "true" 80,000 member constituency. My intention is not to engage in a spitting contest, but simply to drop my 2 cents in, for consideration.

Dobeck's participation was never provided by a "public relations" rep, but by core company folks. Such folks have actual, chartered "work" duties. Such duties could be a bit more demanding. Or, a cost vs. benefit analysis has indicated that direct involvement with this forum does not meet the necessary criteria for "active" investment.

It used to be that a day did not go by where someone was not being counseled to install a Dobeck product, or instruction was given to optimize engine performance with a Dobeck tweak, or some such. Now days, what is heard is "Dobeck? Meh. There are better products out there." There may well be better products out there. But if you were Dobeck, how much "active" interest would you show around here, with that attitude offered regularly?

I've said my piece. I do not intend to offend, just to state what I have seen. I have not posted much, since the kerfuffle of the recent past. However, I do check in at least once per day, to see if there is any contribution I could make, or learning I could obtain. I appreciate this board, and will continue to do as I have done. Such as it is.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Dobeck is still a forum sponsor. Again, if their products or support truly are bad, run them up the flag pole and chew their behinds. If not, ease up a little bit. I have read this thread, putting myself in Dobeck's position, and have felt a bit of pain, so I spoke. If it is against the current grain, I can accept that. But, I have put in "my" 2 cents.

Rich P

Just saw this thread and I'm gonna post my .02. I purchased a EJK GEN 3 around 1.5 years ago and have had excellent results till about 6 weeks ago. My bike started getting very poor gas mileage (33 mpg) and when adjusting the green pod I got no change in mileage like normal. Contacted Dobeck and was told to unplug controller and run bike to check mileage which I did and got 44 mpg. Called back and was told to run green and yellow to .05 and run again which should be like stock and I got 37 mpg. Called back and started getting a little run around and when I got angry they finally gave me a RMA to return it for check. I was shocked at the costumer service compared to when I bought it and was tuning my bike! It was like night and day, literally!! That being said when I explained I got no change in mileage when adjusting he pods I was told "you either get performance or gas mileage!" I was like, I've used this for a year and a half and know how it works. I check mileage every tank of gas and this thing is messed up. It's out to them now so we'll see what happens. I'll post up when the dust settles.

MarkS

Dobeck called and told me that they ran check on my Gen 3 and all is well. Got it back and put it back on bike but haven't ridden yet due to the bad weather here now. Hopefully all is well. I'm thinking my problem was bike issue not controller.

Dobeck called and told me that they ran check on my Gen 3 and all is well. Got it back and put it back on bike but haven't ridden yet due to the bad weather here now. Hopefully all is well. I'm thinking my problem was bike issue not controller.

Good to know, keep us updated.:)

I do not see that the traffic here reflects a "true" 80,000 member constituency. My intention is not to engage in a spitting contest, but simply to drop my 2 cents in, for consideration.

Dobeck's participation was never provided by a "public relations" rep, but by core company folks. Such folks have actual, chartered "work" duties. Such duties could be a bit more demanding. Or, a cost vs. benefit analysis has indicated that direct involvement with this forum does not meet the necessary criteria for "active" investment.

It used to be that a day did not go by where someone was not being counseled to install a Dobeck product, or instruction was given to optimize engine performance with a Dobeck tweak, or some such. Now days, what is heard is "Dobeck? Meh. There are better products out there." There may well be better products out there. But if you were Dobeck, how much "active" interest would you show around here, with that attitude offered regularly?

I've said my piece. I do not intend to offend, just to state what I have seen. I have not posted much, since the kerfuffle of the recent past. However, I do check in at least once per day, to see if there is any contribution I could make, or learning I could obtain. I appreciate this board, and will continue to do as I have done. Such as it is.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Dobeck is still a forum sponsor. Again, if their products or support truly are bad, run them up the flag pole and chew their behinds. If not, ease up a little bit. I have read this thread, putting myself in Dobeck's position, and have felt a bit of pain, so I spoke. If it is against the current grain, I can accept that. But, I have put in "my" 2 cents.

Rich P

Let me try and answer your remarks the best I can with the information I have.

#1 You are correct, not all 80,000 + are active every day but nonetheless

this forum has over 80,000 members to date.

#2 You are once again correct, there is not a Dobeck employee sitting at a computer waiting for a question to appear so he or she can answer it.
What there is or as I understand it a support team who is suppose to check in from time to time and see if there is any questions or concerns members here might have. JMO, but time to time was not meant to be months at a time.

#3 Many members still have questions about Dobeck and other fuel systems and they do get answered by other members that are here to help. It may not be on a daily basis but nonetheless it still happens.

#4 Some members have questions about what fueler is best. Dobeck does have a good fueler but not the best on the market, but for it's cost it works well.(I have used them with no complaints)
Some have reported problems with the Gen4 and have suggested it was due to a rush to get it on the market.

I don't believe anyone here is bad mouthing Dobeck, threads are created to share and express experiences and concerns.

#5 Unless something has changed Dobeck is still a sponsor here.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't even know what these guys make/sell but from what I've read here they deliver their product promptly, they back their product, you get descent bang for your buck and if for some reason I needed to get one of whatever they make I wouldn't hesitate because of the service they've given forum members!!

I don't even know what these guys make/sell but from what I've read here they deliver their product promptly, they back their product, you get descent bang for your buck and if for some reason I needed to get one of whatever they make I wouldn't hesitate because of the service they've given forum members!!

Adjustable fuel delivery system that piggybacks your current system. It's basicly used after some minor mods ie. exhaust and a/c change. Adds more fuel to a lean engine and helps it run cooler as well.

Got my controller back and all put together. Took two short rides and my gas mileage is back up at around 39 mpg and bikes running stronger. I think all is well and still not sure what was going on. I did think that maybe the gas station didn't have their pumps calibrated right?!?! Maybe they shoed you got more gas than you actually did? Not sure....

Got my controller back and all put together. Took two short rides and my gas mileage is back up at around 39 mpg and bikes running stronger. I think all is well and still not sure what was going on. I did think that maybe the gas station didn't have their pumps calibrated right?!?! Maybe they shoed you got more gas than you actually did? Not sure....

Good to hear you're back to where you should be. Next time you get gas take a look on the pump, most should have a sticker with the date it was last calibrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back