free website stats program Do your own Maintenance, What seat do you use? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do your own Maintenance, What seat do you use?

Mongo1958

Do Your Own Maintenance?
I change my own tires and do my own maintenance.

There is a learning curve for me on this bike (my 1st Harley) but the maintenance book has come in handy. This site has provided even more help and assistance. Thankyou!
I have fun doing my own work. I always did, even as a kid.

Being your own mechanic insures that the work is done and done right. If I mess something up, then I’m sure it will get fixed and not be hidden from me (like a dealer I used to go to would do when I had a metric bike in for warranty work).

My tire changer is a No-Mar Classic.
My Lift has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
Now that I’ve got a new lift (Pit Bull) arriving soon, it will make working on the bike will be a little easier.

What kind of work seat do you guys use? So far I’m using an old gardener’s wagon. It has 4 wheels and a seat with a compartment inside. It’s not my first choice but I’ve had it for years and use it for all sorts of things, like gardening. :p I'm thinking of getting a Craftsman work seat with a tray under it for harware. What do you use? Also, what other handy tools would you suggest? I found the Tools section here and I'm exploring:D

Re: Do your owen Maintinace, What seat do you use?

I have had the Craftsman work seat for a couple years, I like it a lot.

Kevin

Re: Do your owen Maintinace, What seat do you use?

I got this cool bikers solo seat for my birthday, from Harbor Freight......I really like it ...it adjusts like an office chair. But it very seldom goes on sale at HF $59 is the lowest I've seen.

Pro-Lift convertable creeper/seat...got it for XMas this year & was @ Menards for $29.99 w/$10 rebate. Works very well...

Attachments

• Pro-Lift.jpg
    Pro-Lift.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 40
Iceman that is a slick looking seat and creeper. Rubyred great site and they have Icemans seat/creeper there too. Thanks guys.

I have a 5 wheeled office chair with a pneumatic cylinder (?). I just pull a lever and I can stop it anywhere down to about 13", stand up and pull the lever and it comes up to office chair height. It's nice to be able to sit back every once in a while. I also have a 12" non adjustable mech. stool. The office chair cost about the same as a nice mechanics stool.

Yall got pics and links?

Enjoy,
Rich P
I like this one

00951828000-1

Back