free website stats program Do your fellow Harley Riders a favor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do your fellow Harley Riders a favor

i am new here but i have a recommendation.
this is my thread.
need a diagram - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

i asked for help and received it. i found the problem and the fix. there is no way of anyone knowing that it is fixed due to there is no edit in my first thread post.
if there was a edit there then i could click on it and type in the title (SOLVED). this way when someone looks through threads they will see the title with (SOLVED) on it.
title will look like this.
need a wiring diagram (SOLVED)
just a idea.........dan

Attachments

• hd forum.jpg
    hd forum.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 14
Agree with you all 100%! I will continue to help others no matter what even though I am not expert like you guys! You all are awesome! :bigsmiley12:

i am new here but i have a recommendation.
this is my thread.
need a diagram - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

i asked for help and received it. i found the problem and the fix. there is no way of anyone knowing that it is fixed due to there is no edit in my first thread post.
if there was a edit there then i could click on it and type in the title (SOLVED). this way when someone looks through threads they will see the title with (SOLVED) on it.
title will look like this.
need a wiring diagram (SOLVED)
just a idea.........dan

Interesting idea, but what most folks do is simply make a final post in the thread informing everyone that the problem is resolved and how they did it. Granted, you can't glean that from the title of the thread - you have to read all the way through to see if the OP solved the problem. However, quite often there is tons of valuable information and ideas being exchanged as the thread evolves, so it's quite worth your while to read the whole thread even if the problem isn't solved yet.

BTW, your ability to edit a post expires after several minutes - I can't remember what the exact number is. That's why your idea would also require a moderator to go back and edit the title of the thread.

Dr. Dolittle
you are correct on the edit part. some threads go on forever and the ability for editing is gone. so one of you mods would have to mark it solved. (like you dont have enough work to do).
if you looked at the thread link i posted i did post it as solved...........dan

Amish,

Good Thread you started.

To our membership:

WE ONLY charge A LITTLE For Our "Helping YOU Out"
The ONLY requirement when finished IS Payment in FULL...

OH the payment ? :

TELL US THE FIX:shock:small3d026:

Cheap Enough Eh....

signed....BUBBIE

Back