free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

Yep, 3/4 bell with face shield. Up with glasses in town, down with glasses on the road.

I'm not trying to look tough, and I don't have much hair to blow around. I'm out for the ride and scenery.

I live in a great state that gives me a choice. Locally I don't wear a helmet, when on the highway, I do. I really should be wearing one all the time, but that free feeling makes it really hard.

You know Statistically speaking your more likely to need your helmet riding locally than on the freeway. You might want to think about you reasoning on that one.:s

Illinois gives me the choice, so I choose not. I have a brain bucket somewhere and I know I should but…
So here is a question, why can a state make me put on a seat belt when I’m in my cage, then not require a helmet while on my scooter ?
Just wondering.

Roonster

I Wear Mine All The Time. I'm A Nurse And Have Seen The Results And Or Know The Side Effects Are If You Go Down Without One On. 1/2 Most Of The Time But Have A Modular Also . Hubby Wears 1/2 Most Of The Time ,1/4 Of The Time He Gets On Without One :( And Also Has A Modular.

Hey Richard....glad to hear you are up and still riding, right on!

Was it hard to get back up on two wheels again? If so, how long before you were riding again?

Again all...I know I should wear a helmet...maybe if I find one that doesnt bother me so much I will. I have a lot left in me, not looking to go anywhere anytime soon.

I think the law should be according to how old you are years riding. No one should be forced to ware one.
Use to be in Illinois when I was a kid under 18 years old no bike over a 350 cc that was the only rule.
Just my two three cents worth.
Ridge

Back