free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

We have a law that states I must wear a helmet in New Zealand.
My preference is open face. Much easier to do everything (seeing, talking stopped, putting on and off with sunglasses) and cooler in the summer.

In the winter I wear a full face. Main thing (apart from protection in an accident) with a full face is the weight and how well the ventilation works. I own about half a dozen helmets and my fav full face is an OSBE (made in Italy) the ventilation is, for me, better than SHOEI (my previous favorite).

All my helmets are BLACK!

I agree on the ventilation... my full face happens to be A Bell... it fits me better than the Harley full face or anything they had at the time I purchased mine. It has good ventilation but still too hot when it's 95 deg and high humidity. In my opion Helmets you get what you pay for... I will never wear one of those non DOT brain buckets anymore.

I am retired. I worked in radiology in local hospitals in the emergency rooms.
You should have no doubt that I wear a helmet. I have seen what happens when you don't.

I will wear my helmet when I have the windshield on, or I'm not going over 50. When the windshield is off, the wind pressure makes my neck feel like it's being crushed!! Anyone else have that issue?

I live in Ohio, don't need to, but I do, half helmet. Saved my life not long ago, should have seen the helmet, glad my head didn't look like that! I am all for your choice, and my choice is to wear one!

Yes. Always. A 3/4 Bell. I had a friend wiped out in sand in Tucson years ago in a low speed turn, helmet on, not strapped. His hair was black when he went down. When I saw him at the hospital a few hours later his hair was white and he no longer knew who he was or that the world around him even existed. Still doesn't. I got ran off the road once by a cager and went down, later to find gravel embedded in the side of my 3/4 then. Better the helmet than my head.

I don't wear on anymore, I really like riding without helmet and windshield, the summers are a real killer, I worked 3 years in a Trauma center, saw some nasty bike accidents, many times the helmet helped and many times it didn't, I figure if the big guy upstairs wants me bad enough he'll find a way to get me
with or without the helmet

It depends on how I feel. Sometimes I wear a Half. If I am going on a long haul & the weather might be bad, I will wear my 3/4 with shield. I always have the Half in the bag so if I want I can put it on. We do not have a helmet law in Florida

Yep, not required here yet , but if you don't want to were one that ok to
I'll keep mine on

Check the reg again you are required to wear one on duty off duty on post off post 24/7. Any time your on one you are required to wear one.

AR 384-55, and AR 190-5, for starters

Hey top! I was hoping you would miss that...but yet again you prove top's dont miss much...I know the regs (I'm a cop, K-9 HUA!) and I, like a lot of us, break rules from time to time. This is one of those times. :D

Back