free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

Cold weather: Always full face
Summer: I'd say 90% of the time I do, and it would be a 1/2 helmet.
This year my plan is to get a carbon fiber shorty and wear it all the time.

Always, I have picked up too many people who didn't and won't ever have the choice again. Don't care who you are, your head hits the road at 30 mph + (even less) it gonna turn your brain to mush, and thats the part that didn't get wiped up off the road and put in a trash bag. :(

YES!!! Saved me once as a kid. Long story short. I was on the back of a bike with no helmet, I told the guy to turn back, I want my helmet ( I could just hear my mom). I got my helmet and off we went, ten minutes later my head hit the asphalt hard on a laydown. Split the helmet not my head...

I wear one too. That is what saved my noggin. Im hoping to talk hubby into wearing one. He has 2 but doesnt wear them.

Have posted this on another thread with the same question..

ALWAYS...

1. Winter when cold a full face helmet with face shield that can be up or down
2. Summer 1/2 or 3/4 helmet

My son had an accident several years ago wearing a full face (winter time) if he had not a helmet his face would have been rubber completely off... let that happen to someone you know and I promise you would start wearing one. He was riding directly in front of me and the accident was not his fault.

We have a law that states I must wear a helmet in New Zealand.
My preference is open face. Much easier to do everything (seeing, talking stopped, putting on and off with sunglasses) and cooler in the summer.

In the winter I wear a full face. Main thing (apart from protection in an accident) with a full face is the weight and how well the ventilation works. I own about half a dozen helmets and my fav full face is an OSBE (made in Italy) the ventilation is, for me, better than SHOEI (my previous favorite).

All my helmets are BLACK!

Back