free website stats program Do you use sta-bil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you use sta-bil

definitly use Sta-Bil in the winter before hibernation, and about 1-2 doses a month. I also use MMO about every 4-5 tanks. I suspect I will be dealing with the notorious pinhole in the fuel line in the tank issue. When I get to about half tank I occassionally get that hesitation and stutter...

What's the deal with pinholes in the fuel line tank issue? Haven't heard of that.

in my humble but accurate opinion, one should use 'stabil' or other simular products in the ethanol gasolines when it is expected to 'sit' idle for a period of time. I use it in my lawnmower, and my Harley. I consider a "period' of time to be as little as 2 weeks. If you use your engines - ie; commute to work each day, or refill your lawnmower every time you use it, I see no need for the stabil. However, it will not hurt your engine (IMO) and is most likely good for it when used according to directions on the can etc. I once had a well respected mechanic tell me that techtron was good stuff for fuel injected auto engines. also, I have heard lots of good reviews on Seafoam. I use it as well.

Bill

It sure wont hurt:D Very good product, considering the shelf life of todays gas

I never use Stabil but my bike does not sit for more than a day or two. I do use MMO whenever I am around the house to add it.

Yes, I use fuel stabilizer in my boat, lawn mowers and bike when I winterize them and in the sleds and snow blower when they get summerized. I only use it to store them although it is recommended to use it in the summer months especially as this is apparently when the most damage can occur in carbeurated vehicles. (A lawn mower in a really hot storage shed gets gel in the carb and causes big problems.) I have had no problems to date with the stabilizer. The main thing is to run it after you put the stabilizer in to get it into the carbs too, I am not sure about the fuel injectors though?

Like most, I use Stabil before Winter hibernation. Never had a problem with my '03 Ultra. I also add Marvel Mystery Oil sparingly ( less than 1 oz. per tank) about every 3rd fill up to the gas.

Back