free website stats program Do you use sta-bil | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you use sta-bil

Yes, especially in the winter when I don't ride as much. I also put Marvel Mystery Oil in periodically.

I use the Marine Sta-Bil in mine. From what I have read and understand the Marine Sta-Bil is formulated to work better in preventing condensation with the ethanol based fuels we have.

SeaFoam's another great fuel additive...similar to StaBil...it prevents fuel break=down. Definitely need to use it in all gas aspirated motors...

definitly use Sta-Bil in the winter before hibernation, and about 1-2 doses a month. I also use MMO about every 4-5 tanks. I suspect I will be dealing with the notorious pinhole in the fuel line in the tank issue. When I get to about half tank I occassionally get that hesitation and stutter...

I use it also. There are times the bikes will "sit" during the summer months when it's 95 with 95% humidity. The stuff works very well.

I use Sta-Bil or Star-tron on a hit and miss basics, but i ride all winter, So i don't know if it works or not but it can't hurt.:s

+1 for seafoam, great stuff and does the same thing for the gas as Sta-bil and then some. I too run mmo about every 4th tank full.

I have used Stabil regularly for some time and I never have any more problems with a sticking IAC pintle. However recently I bought a product by Lucas Oils that is also a stabilizer product but has a few more bells and whistles. As long as the government forces ethanol down our tanks I reccomend using a stabilizer.

Back