free website stats program Do you "ride" or "drive" your bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you "ride" or "drive" your bike?

HDSickness

Banned
Very irritating to me to see people writing about how they DRIVE their bike.
I RIDE mine........anyone one else or does it really matter?

I thought I was the only one irritated by things like that! It also bugs me to see people improperly use "your" and "you're", as well as "their" "there", and "they're". My kids refer to me as the Grammar Nazi, so maybe I am just easily annoyed.

I don't know. I spend a lot of time on mine either way...............

I ride motorbikes and pushbikes i have been known to ride a horse long time ago anything else i use on the road i drive, car, truck, bus, tank etc

Brian

I ride motorbikes and pushbikes i have been known to ride a horse long time ago anything else i use on the road i drive, car, truck, bus, tank etc

Brian

I go with the majority on this. Bikes are ridden (or rode), most other vehicles are driven. Never tried a tank, that sounds fun (unless it's on a battlefield).

Here's a question: When we travel we go ON a bike, ON a bus, ON a plane or a train, but we go IN a car or boat, but again ON a ship. Something to ponder on....

When you sit on a vehicle you ride it. When you sit in vehicle you drive it. :shock Or if it has handle bars you ride it, a steering wheel you drive it.........

Back