free website stats program Do you need to ask moma?.. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you need to ask moma?..

My hubby only blames me for not allowing him to do something when he doesn't want to do it. :p

I think this is true in a many cases.

Great thread by the way!

My wife is a special lady she has tolerated me when I have been completely stupid. It is however a partnership and I have given my share too. We both have things we want to do and it works out. Family and finances are the first priority. If things are good at home the ride is even better. Ride on!

Jack why don't you just buy it and then try this theory out. " It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission."

Yes Jack try that out. Than we'll see how long the stash lasts.:newsmile108:

When I was 1st married that's the way it was as with most of us I'm sure , but after being married for 35 years I don't ask I just tell her I'm going and will be back around a certain time . That way she doesn't have to worry if something happened or not . When duck season opens I just tell her the weekedn it starts and she know I'll be gone every week end until they leave .

Mat interesting post. I have seen some men who seem to be a little over the top when it comes to having to check in or ask permission. As for me my wife has never made me feel that I have to ask to go somewhere or that I have to check in. That being said there is something in any relationship called respect. If you like it or not your wife/girlfriend/significant other worries about you and deserves to be kept in the loop. This also goes the other way, out of respect my wife doesn't make plans that involve us without checking to see if it interfers with something I have going on. When we treat each other as equal partners we respect the other and ask the same in return. Trust goes a long way in making any relationship last, respect is the glue that keeps it together.

Very well said.

I don't ask my bride permission to do something unless the end result will effect both of us. For example, if I am buying something with "my" $$$, I just do it. However, that being said, I have learned many, many years ago two things:1)never paint anything without first consulting the bride for her opinion on what color to use, and 2) if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.....

HDDon has the right frame of mind, and Montana summed it up...yeah I'm glad I wear the pants of the house, but she gave me the permission to be "boss" ha-ha-ha...and the story continues...! :s

I don't ask my bride permission to do something unless the end result will effect both of us. For example, if I am buying something with "my" $$$, I just do it. However, that being said, I have learned many, many years ago two things:1)never paint anything without first consulting the bride for her opinion on what color to use, and 2) if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.....

I got it made, I asked my wife, and she gave me permission to be the boss. :D

Here You Go: YouTube - Milton singing "The Man Song" by Sean Morey

:lolrolling:lolrolling Oh....That was great.. Id say thats the way is most of the time..:D...YUP....Your the man

Back