free website stats program Do you need to ask moma?.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you need to ask moma?..

mat 60

I hope I dont get aney hate mail for this but here it goes......Why is it that most guys need to ask the wife for permission to do something ?..Have you said this,,, ,I cant go my wife wont let me or I need to get home she will blow a gasket...And dont forget the famous, I cant, I have the honey to do list this weekend..How about that freind with his cell phone ringing every 5 min..Whair are you? When you coming home..:bigsmiley21:..What haptened to trust and being your own person?? Did I just described you ?? All I can say is I love my wife and I know Im one lucky man..Now I could go on with what a great woman I have but a lot of you are not as blessed as I..........So guys,,Do you need to ask moma???:D..Oh, No offence if you do..

As my wife is away from home most of the time from march to november i have to keep on top of the household chores myself and create spaces of time to do the fun stuff
If wife is at home and i go out on the bike for a while she will get hers out and go with me and
she will do some of the household chores leaving me to get on with the guy stuff

Brian

I think that angle comes from the wife's opinion that the husbands abilty to realize the important things the Misses wants or desires goes unnoticed. I on the other make time and take notice when something is important to my wife wheter its a home improvement or how she wants to spend Mothers day. I get it done quickly exceeding her expectations, and not delaying while doing it. Hence when its me time I do not have to ask permission to do what I want. Last year I rode 8,000 miles with no questions asked other than to call if I am not going to make dinner. The only exception is discussion is needed when going to spend alot of $$$$$, like to replace my Electra Glide for a Ultra......:D

I asked her if we should share one divorce lawyer and save some bucks, or each get our own and drag it out for a couple of years. :D
(we used the same one and agreed on things ourselves. no sense giving the lawyers more money than we needed to)

But I'll never get married again. I'm just gonna find a woman I don't like and give her my house :(

Many years ago we went everywhere together on the bike. We have been married a long time now, she would rather garden or take her 57 chevy our for a ride & of course our dog goes along. With her back & circulatory problems she will take short rides once or twice a year with me. We will work on housework together. Or she will say take off on your bike I got it. She is a wonderful person. & often I feel i do not deserve her. So to answer your ? asking no, But I let her know when Im leaving & never leave with out a kiss.

My hubby only blames me for not allowing him to do something when he doesn't want to do it. :p

Mat interesting post. I have seen some men who seem to be a little over the top when it comes to having to check in or ask permission. As for me my wife has never made me feel that I have to ask to go somewhere or that I have to check in. That being said there is something in any relationship called respect. If you like it or not your wife/girlfriend/significant other worries about you and deserves to be kept in the loop. This also goes the other way, out of respect my wife doesn't make plans that involve us without checking to see if it interfers with something I have going on. When we treat each other as equal partners we respect the other and ask the same in return. Trust goes a long way in making any relationship last, respect is the glue that keeps it together.

Mat interesting post. I have seen some men who seem to be a little over the top when it comes to having to check in or ask permission. As for me my wife has never made me feel that I have to ask to go somewhere or that I have to check in. That being said there is something in any relationship called respect. If you like it or not your wife/girlfriend/significant other worries about you and deserves to be kept in the loop. This also goes the other way, out of respect my wife doesn't make plans that involve us without checking to see if it interfers with something I have going on. When we treat each other as equal partners we respect the other and ask the same in return. Trust goes a long way in making any relationship last, respect is the glue that keeps it together.

Right on!!! HD Don

But I let her know when Im leaving & never leave with out a kiss.

Bum Phillips, the old football coach, had the best line about that. People always thought he had the perfect marriage, because his wife was always with him. When asked about it, he said it was just easier to take her with him than to kiss her goodbye. :D

Yes This is what its all about....:)

Back