free website stats program Do you modified your bike? Or keep it original? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you modified your bike? Or keep it original?

When I inherited my XL883L from my husband (he didn't die,:x:x he just moved up to a Heritage classic), I didn't plan on keeping it ,BUT it was paid for and after riding it for a while I could see it as my bike IF - it had an EZ clutch, windshield, Bigger gas tank, different seat, forward controls, and different pegs ang grips.( So I did those Modifications ) I don't care about more chrome (you just have to clean it) and I don't want loud pipes, so I think it might just be fine the way it is now. The problem with these Harley Davidson bikes, is that you see something on someone else's bike and think " I would like THAT on my bike" and there you go again.:rider:53::53:

I do add on chrome extras, put on a more comfi seat for the RKC, back rest, lugage rack, kind of a theam apeal, I have a H-D Visa and pay all bills, personal and business with it, this adds up to a lot of chrome cash, hope everyone thinks about doing it. We can recieve anywhere from $700.00 and up twice a year. Down side is the dealer in town seems to need to order almost 70% of the stuff we want. Up side is a new dealer open'd 35 miles away, and seem to have a better stock.

For long time, I had original bikes (FX 74, Dina Lowrider 94, Road King 99). Now I have an original 64 FL' and I think to modified it to make it ''to my hand''. I want to know what people think about modified Harleys, if they keep them most original or like them modified.

If you plan to park it in a window for people to look at, leave it stock. If you plan to ride, make it your own.

I bought my bike used and it had a lot of xtras added. That is really one of the reasons I was attracted to it. It was classy but not overdone. I have added a few mods myself, but just for my comfort, not for looks.

I'm the odd duck. I'm always riding, so no one really sees it. I usually do a stage one, and only add what I can take off and put on my next ride. Trade every 3 years, so I hate to invest to much for the next guy.
Jonnierock

I've modified mine but I try to keep everything Harley and it is except for my speakers.:newsmile072::hii

When purchasing my '06 Softail, I was convinced I'd be keeping it stock. I soon became aware of the massive after market for Harley bikes and that sometimes the best accessories or improvements do not necessarily come from the MoCo. In less than a year I had improved the exhaust, intake, added improvements to the fuel injection mapping etc. Owning a Harley really is more about creating and improving your bike as maintaining a stock HD Motorcycle.

I own a 2008 Rocker C and have modified it already. I have a Danny Gray Custom Seat, Corbin Widow Maker Custom Seat, D&M Custom Twister Air Cleaner, TTS MasterTune system, and have Martin Brothers Shockwave pipes coming next week. Have more planned for the future also.

For long time, I had original bikes (FX 74, Dina Lowrider 94, Road King 99). Now I have an original 64 FL' and I think to modified it to make it ''to my hand''. I want to know what people think about modified Harleys, if they keep them most original or like them modified.

With a somewhat classic piece of hardware like your '64, I would continue to keep it just as it is, original as much as possible. Don't know that far back if they had inherent problems that should be checked that break or "age" not so gracefully; but I would say that if she has survived this long, just make sure she is "showroom ready" and "oil tight"...JMHO :D

Can't tell you how many people will oogle it if it has the original IRON HORSE look...but it would certainly get a big one from me! :small3d026:

When purchasing my '06 Softail, I was convinced I'd be keeping it stock..
That's exactly what i thought.My brothers bought 2 '08 Fatboys and always had their collective noses stuck DEEP in the '08 accessory book.Never talked about anything, but which new bit they were getting.Boring!

Then my bike got closer to the end of my 6 month delivery date.I figured i'd paid enough just for a bike.Famous last thoughts.Pretty soon,MY collective proboscis was stuck DEEP inside the '08 guide.My bike has a lot of (tasteful)mods,although i've kept it all Harley.The only non H-D part on my bike is a set of those Kuryakyn ISO grips.It just dosen't feel right to debase the bike,even though other parts may be cheaper.

Back