Do you modified your bike? Or keep it original?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Beef, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Beef

Beef New Member

For long time, I had original bikes (FX 74, Dina Lowrider 94, Road King 99). Now I have an original 64 FL' and I think to modified it to make it ''to my hand''. I want to know what people think about modified Harleys, if they keep them most original or like them modified.

2. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

My 99 roadking is heavily modified, my 09 Streetglide is for the most part bone stock. I don't plan on doing much to it! I know I say that now, we'll see what happens!!:small3d012:

3. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

I agree with Gary,Those years are hard to come by!

4. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

I say make the modification as along the changes are cosmetic only and can be undone by putting back the original parts.

5. jd4300

jd4300 Member

i would say modify to the point that makes it more reliable or safer to run.

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Every bike I buy or any vehicle for that matter I say to myself It's perfect the way it is.And then.....................:D

7. Ken S.

Ken S. Active Member

I'm pretty much just out to ride, not blow anyone's doors off. Upgraded to a smooth bore rebuilt carb, tuned for smoother exceleration, and some SE pipes. Chrome. Nothing big. 80-90 is plenty fast enough for me.

8. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

Except for a Stage 1 and some Screaming Eagle pipes mine is stock. I may add some shiny things down the road but I like it the way it is for now.
    Famous last words: "For Now"....:)

9. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

Modifing is the reason I bought a Harley. You can make it your own. Being the paint, the Stages, or lots of lights and chrome. I've never seen a modified Honda so I can't compare. With all the modifications you can make, you can make your own personal Harley. A Harley like no other, your own.

10. rhino

rhino Banned

i bought an older bike to take care of my wrenching urges. my new one is close to the way i like it after pipes, carb and some chrome here and there. as far as the 64 fl goes if its stock i would leave it that way if its not its a good project to get it back to stock.