free website stats program Do you lock..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you lock.....

I ALWAYS lock my bike!
I use the ABUS Granit Quick 37 from my previous Sportster (fig. below).
Only it doesn't fit the front brake disk of the Dyna so I use it on the rear one.
I could also use it on the sprocket but I mounted the saddlebag so it's now unaccessible.
37_60_70.jpg

Ciao
Ugo

At home its locked in the garage.I now have gotten inthe habbit of locking the forks every time I get off it when parked in parking lots even in sight.

Had three bicycles stolen when I was a kid because I did not lock them down. Ain't gonna happen to my "BIG BIKES". I lock mine up "religiously". Time wise we are talking a few seconds....to turn a few keys.

When I rode to work 1996-2005 I chained down my front tire to a guard rail with a big heavy chain and padlock.

When not at home and bike is in garage I have both ignition and forks locked (I also have factory security system). It could still be stolen, but the thieves would have to carry it out.

To be honest I am bad that way,I usually forget the key in the windshield pouch.:(

I am with you Steve, I forget my key/fob in the pouch way too often. Now if I go somewhere in town or that is not biker friendly I pay more attention.

Just depends on where I am......in the Garage, no (Smith & Wesson will greet them!:s); at work, no, because it is a secured compound with security camera's and armed security guards and must have the proper credentials to enter; around town, not usually unless I have some "valuables" in the bags/tour pak or in a bad/unknown area; on a road trip usually lock up the bags and tour pak, sometimes lock the forks..........I do have the factory security, and carry the fob with me (attached to my wallet chain) all the time......
:D

Always lock the forks, why take a chance? Forks and ignition are locked when it's at home in the garage.

Depends....Can't remember when I saw a report of a motorcycle theft here. Opps yea I do remember some kid was stealing metrics for parts hmmm 2 years ago. Got caught, got jail...I have a security system so I use it most of the time. Haven't locked the forks since I don't remember when. I am planning a trip east and that is where the depends comes in I WILL take all the precautions there.

In the garage I usually set the alarm....that will slow em down. Dog and Glock can handle the rest.

RR

Back