free website stats program Do You Like American Chopper | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Like American Chopper

What a bunch of idiots on that show! I quit watching it a few years ago because they act like menapausal teenagers and their engineering philosophy is form before function. I wouldn't take one of those bikes more that 5 miles from home, and any time you took one out, you would need a tow truck on call for when it breaks down or just falls apart. Their 15 minutes of fame is up!

I agree. I was willing to ignore their antics until Vinnie left. Now I just pass it by.

I will say they have had many great bike building ideas, but their quality control is terrible.

Bend it
Force it
Make that part fit

Thats not my idea of quality, especialy on a $100,000 bike.

To me, they simply are bolting on things for the maost part that they did not make. JR. Loves the use of steel bar to hide the fact that their stuff is just ordinary at best. Not a fan of all the drama and junk. I liked the biker buildoff show where the contestant built a bike and if it cranked, he got it. Think it was hosted by Russell Mitchell maybe. The Teutuls are yesterdays news.

Bubba

They aint no Indian Larry, Ron Simms, Arlen Ness, Billy Lane, Mondo, or any of the thousands of builders that really ride their bikes.

They are IMHO jokers that build cartoon bikes. :lolrolling

Enjoyed the first couple of seasons. When Vinnie left, it seemed to start going downhill. Can't stand this year's season. I don't want to watch dysfunctionality at its worst.

I went on a driving Holiday around NY State last year, called in to OCC "WORLD HQ". Asked the salesman if they had a Leather Jacket in XL to fit me , he just shrugged and said no.
Quite pleased really because I spent my money in HD Buffallo and got a much higher quality leather jacket for less money and better service !

plenty of shows about show bikes. i would love to see one about the average man, guys like us. about our bikes and our adventures.

i gave up watching these guys years ago the 1st series was good but now its all hype, Biker Build off is and was better as they had to ride the bike they built miles to the show, and guys like Kendal Johnson, Dave perowitz, Marcus Waltz, Hank Young, Billy Lane, and the Late Great Indian Larry all have more talent and build proper chops

+1 for that Rob.I watched American Chopper twice and that was two times too many!

i'm not a fan either its all a big joke
i'll tell you something thats funny:next time you see someone with a OCC t-shirt on walk up and ask them what kinda bike they ride?90% don't ride there whole fan base is non-motorcyclest

OK I admit it, I still watch it. It is like the car wreck as you drive by... Glad it is not me but I still want to look! Yup and I watch SAMCRO too even if it isn't an actual portrayal of a 1% club.

Back