free website stats program Do you lift your toe or foot? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you lift your toe or foot?

I have replaced a floorboard once, ok a few times, but I still drag them, mostly the right side. Over here, in the UAE, they have alot of roundabouts so now days when I coming up to a turn I move my boot so the toe hangs off a bit and I feel that drag instead of the floorboard.

Only time now that I drag something is when riding two-up and hit a heavy bump or doing an off camber left hand turn (sidestand) or right hand turn (exhaust mounting bracket) both "beveled lightly" to suit. Don't lift a foot, but my heart does skip a beat as I remember to stand the bike upright a bit more to hold the line steady but give me more ground clearance and my gal gives me a "What the...and a slap on my helmet telling me...--do not do that again!!!":small3d029:

Last edited:
In motor school we were taught that if your not scrapping the boards your not leaning enough. There is nothing wrong with scrapping the boards on your bike, it just shows that you are reaching your max. lean angle. Keep on doing it and it will become second nature to you. It scared the (EDIT) out of me the first few times I did it too. Keep it up theres nothing wrong with it, just watch the bottom of the board if you do it enough it will be like a Ice skating blade. Sharp as a tack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Poolbears suggestion of keeping my toe off to the side some to first feel the drag I will try that

It catches me by suprise when I have my daughter on the back, but when I'm solo I usually expect it so it does not bother me.

I find that I slide my foot out off the board a little to feel for the street and gage when the metal is going to scrape.

If you ride that hard often, you'll get used to it. If you don't, it will likely always grab your attention.

Back