free website stats program Do you let anyone sit on your Harley? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone sit on your Harley?

Fellow HD bikers...probably.... if they ask...which most all would surley do. Non bikers...probably not...well not probably.....NOWAY

If it's a fellow HD rider, no problem if he asks first......No squids!!

As far as someone wanting to ride the bike, thats a completely different deal.....rather say no.

I had a coworker jump on my bike. I jumped all over him. The guy was upset and we really hadn't had a good relationship since. I just don't trust people with no idea about bikes near it. It is heavy and will go over in a moment if you are not use to it. As for kids sitting on it for pics I hesitate as the pipes are hot and could harm a child in a big way.

Only if I know them well. My bike is my personal property, not a carnival experience! I look at every bike I can but consider it a cardinal sin to touch!!:x

Uninvited NO! But if someone asks I don't care The only thing I tell them is to lift their legs high enough that they don't scratch the bag lids.That would tick me off!:bigsmiley19:
I'm with you...if I'm there and they ask me, maybe. But without asking a fight could break out. I would never touch any elses bike with out permission and I expect the same. Anyway, on a bagger you have to throw your leg high to keep from scuffing the bags.
JJRJ

Had a friend that came out of a store and found some people taking pics of their small child sitting on his bike. Talk about a mad man? :small3d011:
One time I was at work ready to punch out and my bike was parked right by the shop. Well being an amusement park, there are lots of kids around. So, I'm standing there talking to some friends and in plain sight of my bike. This lady walks by holding the hand of like a 6 year old and he has an inflatable bat he apparently won at one of the games. Well they walk right by the bike and he's hitting the bike all over with the bat and she did nothing to stop him although she saw him doing it, before the third hit I ran out and jumped square in the back of this lady about what her kid was doing. She said "it's only an inflatable bat, I'm sure he didn't hurt it". I told her that was not the point. The point was the kid and her both need to learn how to respect other peoples property. Now call me crazy, but I think this, just like sitting on some ones scoot without permission, shows a total lack of respect for someone elses property.
JJRJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you...if I'm there and they ask me, maybe. But without asking a fight could break out. I would never touch any elses bike with out permission and I expect the same. Anyway, on a bagger you have to throw your leg high to keep from scuffing the bags.
JJRJ

One time I was at work ready to punch out and my bike was parked right by the shop. Well being an amusement park, there are lots of kids around. So, I'm standing there talking to some friends and in plain sight of my bike. This lady walks by holding the hand of like a 6 year old and he has an inflatable bat he apparently won at one of the games. Well they walk right by the bike and he's hitting the bike all over with the bat and she did nothing to stop him although she saw him doing it, before the third hit I ran out and jumped square in the back of this lady about what her kid was doing. She said "it's only an inflatable bat, I'm sure he didn't hurt it". I told her that was not the point. The point was the kid and her both need to learn how to respect other peoples property. Now call me crazy, but I think this, just like sitting on some ones scoot without permission, shows a total lack of respect for someone elses property.
JJRJ

I would have deflated the kids bat,,,,then told her to fix it with some bubble gum.

I once had a friends girlfriend without permission jump on my bike and proceed to stand it up almost dropping it. My heart missed about 3 beats. Some people are just plain rude. If a friend asked i would have no problem with it, also if a child of a friend wanted to give it a try no problem but i would be right there to supervise.

JJRJ

I would have snatched the bat out of the kids hands and repeatedly smashed him in the face with it until the kid was crying and blowing snot bubbles, as soon as the mother started screaming hysterically I would have calmly said too her with the same ironic tone that she had used "It's only an inflatable bat, I'm sure I didn't hurt him!"...:coffee

I would have snatched the bat out of the kids hands and repeatedly smashed him in the face with it until the kid was crying and blowing snot bubbles, as soon as the mother started screaming hysterically I would have calmly said too her with the same ironic tone that she had used "It's only an inflatable bat, I'm sure I didn't hurt him!"...:coffee

I think thats going a little too far,Maybe the mother?

Back