free website stats program Do you let anyone sit on your Harley? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone sit on your Harley?

Simple answer ,,,No. After reading some of these stories about strangers sitting on bikes or messing with them makes me wish I had an extra pair of eyes to leave on the bike to let me know who might be messing with it.

Simple answer ,,,No. After reading some of these stories about strangers sitting on bikes or messing with them makes me wish I had an extra pair of eyes to leave on the bike to let me know who might be messing with it.

I thought that was what the self arming alarm was for:D

I overheard a fellow say that he'd brain anyone that sat on his Harley. He'd had it 20+ years and he was the only one to ever sit on it.

I didn't think that much about the comment -- other than it seemed a bit harsh. Then the other day, I was showing a friend of mine my bike (wintering in the garage) -- they promptly threw a leg over and sat on the seat and stood it up! I just had that feeling, you know? And I understood what the guy was talking about.

You guys ever have someone sit on your bike without an invitation? Does it bug you or not?
no unless asked! and then and only then if I want them too. Or she is pretty (edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only let people I trust sit on her. I don't know what I'd do if someone just jumped on it without permisson. That's just not right!

I'll never forget the day I let my son take it for a spin. The smile on face, I think he's still smilen! He's sold! ...... :D

I guess for me It would depend one who it was. But If I came out of somewhere ( business/store) and just saw someone sitting on it. :small3d031: I'd go postal.

I would also have to say no. I personally dont think they should unless invited. This is my first bike, a harley, and my pride and joy!!! Probably the only bike I will ever own. I only let a few people sat on mine. Now my mom sat on it without me telling her she could but that wasnt a problem. Even though she is 68, she used to race motorcycles back in the day. She was the first female motorcycle racer in our county. Yep, my momma!!! :D She loved sitting on my scoot. Said it brought back alot of memories.

Back