free website stats program Do you let anyone sit on your Harley? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone sit on your Harley?

I'm only too please to let fellow bikers who know what they are doing (and that mean they will always ask) have a go.
I have no time for anyone who treats people and their properties with disrespect.

Only those folks I really trust to handle it and not drop it! I have had some folks ask and I ask them for the purchase price, in cash, before they sit on it (my 16 yr. old son's friends). I wouldn't go sit in someone's prized classic car without asking first, why would I let someone just sit on my ride?!

With permission, I'll let someone sit on the scoot.... providing they have their jackets zippers in control, jewelry in control and approach it with a sense of respect. There are very few I'd let take it for a ride.

Happened to me twice. Uninvited. Super pissed & shocked. Pissed now thinking about it.
Same here, when I saw the two idiots lift my bike off it's stand and straddle it I was 50 meters from them, my first yell came out so loud I thought I'd torn a vocal chord, then to add insult to injury they started with "what's your (EDIT) problem"...:newsmile055:...:56:...:56:
My heads spinning & blood pressure's rising as I type...:newsmile068:

No, furthermore ask me if you can even touch it. Do you let anyone just hop in you car?

I don't even touch another's bike without asking. Failure to do so is inviting trouble.

I let kids sit and pose on it for thier parents camera,it really makes thier day!And in my experience,the kids parents treat my bike with the greatest respect and care.Other bikers are also ok,at least they know whats what.But theres only one person in the world that rides mine!

No buddy sits on my Baby. The only butt my bike will see is mine. Just anal. I have a Denium Tank. Touch it, your dead.

Not only let them sit but my freinds all ride and sometimes we switch rides No big Deal It aint life or death
Just a thought unless you ordered the bike How many people do you think sat on the bike before it went off the showroom?
Ride Safe
Bill

The only person that has sat on mine is my dad except for my kids. My dad actually road mine but I was right behind him on his Fat Boy. There was a commond know fact that if a scratch was put on either on of them there would be a heck of a fight in the backyard when we return. I had a guy walk up to my bike and grab the handle bars and started to throw his leg over it. About that time I looked at him and told him he didn't want to do that! He stopped in his tracks and made the smart choice. This thread reminds me of one of the Sons of Anachery eposoides. They walked out and a guy was sitting on his bike with his girls friend taking his picture. That guy will never do that again.

It's not just a problem with bikes. I've been to a number of on-street car shows, where car clubs come out and their custom and/or antique cars are parked all up and down a street in the downtown area, and people stroll along and look.
I'm sometimes just amazed at the chutzpah of some people...they try to open the doors and get in, they put their hands all over the body, like checking the mirrors to see how they move, etc. Almost always, the owners are right there to stop these jerks, but they shouldn't have to.
People can be so rude.

Back