free website stats program Do you let anyone sit on your Harley? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone sit on your Harley?

The thing is no matter how you "feel" about it. whether you think it's o.k. or don't think it's o.k. for someone to sit on your bike without asking or an invitation (I'm sure not too many will say it's o.k.) IT'S NOT O.K.!! No one would dream of getting in another person's car or truck without asking or an invitation, so why on earth would a person with half a brain think it's o.k. to just walk over and sit on your bike!!!:newsmile055:

Seems that common sense just isn't too common these days.:bigsmiley22:

I have never sat on anyone's Harley, nor have I been bold enough to ask to do such a thing. Nor would I expect anone to do it to my Harley. I would consider it rude and disrespectful.

Had a friend that came out of a store and found some people taking pics of their small child sitting on his bike. Talk about a mad man? :small3d011:

I would go nuts if I came out and saw someone sitting on my bike. Now if I knew them and they asked I would of course let them. I would love every person to get the same feeling I get when I ride. It is a life changing experience, don't ya think?

I think I learned my lesson from right before I bought my scoot...I had the chopper I built and was doing some tuning or something and a young lady I was "dating" decided to flip her leg over and stand it up...well she went on one side and just kept on going right over the other side as the chop fell flat on its side....broke the front forward control off the bike and the young lady was uninjured. I am pretty sure that unless you have had some experience with motorcycles and know for sure how much they weigh, you arent going to be lightin a shuck on my leather....

Nope. Not cool to sit on someone’s bike without asking or being asked to check it out.:58:

A few years ago my wife & I were at Biketoberfest sitting on a wall near the Shipwreck on main street. A pricey bike made by Confederate Motor Company, Confederate Motor Company, pulls up and parks in front of us. The rider gets off, goes in the Shipwreck. I walk over look and the bike and return to my where my wife is sitting. Turned and looked at the bike about the time some guy walking down the street sees the bike and promptly throws his leg over it and takes a seat. Couple of secs on the bike and he walks off. Couldn’t believe it. I can only assume the owner would have gone nuts if he would have seen what happened.:small3d023:

If someone asks, sure. Just don't touch the chrome and get your nasty finger prints all over everything. Even let a couple of people take her for a spin. The finger print thing, might as well just shoot me. My bike is always spotless. Even the people at the dealer can't believe how clean it is when it comes in for anyting.

Back