free website stats program Do you let anyone ride your bike? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone ride your bike?

I have a few brothers I ride with. We do the Nullabor plain to Melbourne every 2 years for the Moto GP. At times we swap over bikes to break the monotany and gives us a look at what our ride looks like on the road.

The bike is only a machine and the deal is if you break it you pay for it, makes people I trust to ride it a little more careful.

The only other person I let ride mine is my wife's uncle, who rides an 03 dyna, and helps me work on mine. (still new at it, but getting better)

i have let 3 of my friends ride my harley, u drop it u fix, you brake it you buy it, and no i do not want your (edit) rocket if something happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Just anyone.....no; however my Dad who taught me to ride....Yes. Ive even offered him a key, but he turned it down. Also I let one of my old buddies ride it once, but he had one to put up if he broke it. Thats the rule of thumb...If you dont have one I can ride out on if you break mine...then no. I dont want tno promises or a stinkin check. I WANT YOUR BIKE....and only if its nicer than mine...lol

My husband, because he bought it for me. My dad, because he ignited my passion for riding and I trust him completely.

The girl I bought my bike from has ridden it. I lowered the rear after getting it
& knew that she would be way more comfortable on it especially while she was stopped because she could set flat footed on the road. Of course she has a bike of her own & had ridden mine a bunch of times before I bought it from her. It was her husbands ride but he was killed in a car wreck several years ago. She knew I was looking for a bike & sold it to me. I was glad she rode it (& so was she according to the smile on her face). My 2 best friends could also ride it, they've got bikes of their own & have had for years, but if they need or want it, no problem. But that's it & don't ask.

Back