free website stats program Do you have a license? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you have a license?

yes I have mine and far as I know all my friends have one too.People that live where they need them legally should get in trouble.Just another thing to group us all together as bad and unlawful.

I honestly would never think of driving on just a permit. I think that there is a lot of responsibility in operating a motorcycle and part of that responsibility is in getting your license. In my line of thinking, if you're not willing to get a license then you're not fully accepting your responsibility. That's just me though.

I have mine and know quite a few who don't. I refuse to ride with them because in my eyes they are not respecting other drivers and giving bikers a bad name.

I lived in SC when I started riding and out there, you only needed to have a permit in order to drive on a regular basis. Once I moved back to NY, I had to go and get my license.

I don't understand how some states will let you drive around with a permit and in others you have to have a license. Why wouldn't they just make a standard law stating that everyone has to have a license?

Yes, I have a license and the people that do not and drive around anyway with no respect or regard for other motorists sicken me. They should have general law in every state and have more enforcement regarding it.

If you feel you are a good enough Rider to be out on the road forever with just a Permit...then you should be a good enough Rider to take the test and get your license.

Taking a Riding School Class can not only help you get your license easier, it usally helps to lower your insurance as well.

Way back when, I took the book test and had to do the same course as they had for car test (instead of the three-point-turn I had to do a U-Turn). It was simple and I've always had it since.

It could also be that some states (other than yours) will not honor your permit after a set amount of time, but I'm not sure on that.

In any event......Take the test and get the license.

Get your license it's one thing less you have to worry about. I've had mine for 25 years. Before I got it I had been stopped and got a ticket. Back then it was a fairly small fine, but today it is serious. The safety riders course would also be a good thing for any rider and help on the insurance rates. In the state of LA it's the law.
Hope you have many miles of safe riding and remember to keep it up on two.;)

Back