free website stats program Do they Fit! Vance & Hines - Help Please | Harley Davidson Forums

Do they Fit! Vance & Hines - Help Please

Bliz wiz

I am looking to put a set of Big Radius Duals on my Road King Classic,
The build date is 10/98 and has the 1450 motor.EFI
I have checked the V&H book and they make them for 99 and up. I have looked at this model and cannot see any difference.
My question is WILL THEY FIT, I have had 2 lots of advice Yes and No?
Has any one done this

OK I am confussed!
Wizard

Have you called or emailed Vance & Hines? Someone there must know the answer to your question!

With a build date of 10/98 the bike should be titled a 99. New models always go on sale in Aug/Sep. The factory usually stops building current year models in July.

the difference should be motors 98 would still be evo and a 99 a twin cam but as said a late build 98 would be a 99

As pointed out above, the '98 engines will be EVOs at 1340 cc (80s). The '99 engines will be the TC at 1450 cc (88s). There will be no mistaking these. So if you have a TC engine, that is a '99 model bike and the pipes should fit if they are spec'd for '99 and up.

TQ

TQ, Bud White & Breeze3at you all are exactly right. I had a look at the frame VIN
CM1450. Its a twin cam 88.
I knew it was regoed as in 1998 - And I knew it was 1450 TC but I didn't know how they put em together at HD - So pretty much it's a 1999.

Good on ya Mates.

Back