free website stats program Do new Pipes "mellow out"? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do new Pipes "mellow out"?

Drew

I just put some rush slip on 1.75" baffles on my '09 FLHRC. The first couple of days, they seemed a bit loud to me, and I started thinking I had made a mistake, and that maybe the 1.5" baffles as an alternative (I'm sure glad I didn't get the 2" that seem to be so popular :52:). However, today when I was riding, the sound seemed more what I was expecting... present, but not overwhelming. So I am either beginning to get used to them, or the sound is evolving, as it were. Similarly, it seems like my bike is running better... could that be?

So, does it just take some time for new pipes to kind of settle in? I like having a little more volume than stock, but I am not a fan of the really loud pipes. I don't want anything to distract, or take away from the zen-like feeling of riding.

thanks for your thoughts on this
Drew

Some Pipes will mellow out as you Ride but when you get on it you can hear them. All Pipes are different, I Love the sound of the Rineharts, not too loud.
I had a set of BUB Pipes on My 08 Deluxe took them off because they are too Loud. I will sell them if anyone is interested $250.00

The sound will grow on you .I too have rineharts on my classic.Not to loud at speed but have a little growl when I give it the throttle.

I have the rush with the 2" baffles and love them. They did seem to get alittle louder as time went on but not to the point that I can't hear the tunes. The local law only give me a look as I drive on by so they can't be to bad. And a friend tells me he can always tell when I am on my way over as he can tell just by the sound so they can bark. Enjoy I do. By the way a TFI and some added air will do wonders.

just yesterday I happened to run in to the guy I sold one of my bikes to a couple years ago (04 classic) and he had just put a set of the rush 1.75 on and I thougt the bike sounded sweet ,really nice mellow tone when he got on it

Back