free website stats program Do magnets REALLY work? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do magnets REALLY work?

02Ultra, I was with you as I read your post..that as until you commented about cops liking to harass and "tase" for no apparent reason. Of what exactly are you speaking and how does it relate to your post? Has someone you know gotten "tased" for running a red light?I doubt it. Running a red light is not a situation that would require it..as long as the driver is cooperating with the LEO now you wanna give the cop grief and turn the situation into something it doesn't need to be then that's on you.don't blame the cop or the light not changing for you. I'm not saying anything about your situation, just commenting that a lot of people who don't understand LEO work are qucik to accuse us (yes, I'm a D/S) doing something for "no apparent reason". FYI the taser is an intermediate weapon, which means it is to be used at a level just below actually going "hands on". Better to tase them than strike them with a baton dont you think? Rant off, Ride safe.

Magnets will work, but they need to be strong. Check ebay for "neobdynium" (SP?) magnets.

I got several and then dipped them in plasti-dip, to protect them.

Mine are 80LB pull and above (the plasti-dip will reduce the pulling force some).

I got the magnets to help for the times I was in a new area... and have not run into any problems since I got the magnets!

Technologist how much metal have your magnets picked up from the road.

Seriously, are these magnets strong enough to pick up metal off the road at 60 MPH and prevent a flat tire. I see an opportuntiy here.

Have not picked up metal... but then again, my magnets started at 80+ lbs of pull.... once they are dipped, they lose about 40% of their pull strength.

There are some MUCH stronger mags (Can I post an ebay link? it isn't my auction, so it isn't self promotion).

If you start with a 125 or a 250 lb pull, then dip it, it would be about a 75 or 150 lb pull. I am not sure how a 150 lb pull would affect the engine, or JUNK in the road that I wasn't gonna run over (could it pull it over, but NOT pick it up, thus CAUSING trouble?).

Back