free website stats program do lowers help | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

do lowers help

Aerodynamically, the issue with wind in the face is due to the vacuum that is formed behind the windshield. It is going to suck air in from some direction.

I smoke while riding sometimes, and even at 75-80 mph, if an ash blows off my cig, the ash will sometimes just bounce around in the air right in front of me. Its really cool. Sometimes it will eventually blow forward into the windshield. You'd think it would blow backwards into my face or over my shoulder. Must be that vortex thing.

Thanks I appreciate the input! The prev owner made a set of nylon lowers that, to be honest, I haven't even taken out of the bag to see how they look. I guess I'll have to give them a try if you're all saying they work so well

first time i put them on they were a little tight...now i have used them a few times, they are a breeze (with out the apple pie) :D

Seems like these would direct the air flow down towards the motor, helping with cooling, instead of up away from the motor. Or am I wrong in my thinking here??? I don't understand why there is 3 holes in the deflector, 3 holes to mount it to, but only 2 bolts in the package. Not missing one cause the instructions say there's only supposed to be 2. Are they cutting corners that much they can't afford to include the third bolt??? But hey, its chrome and it looks good. Just another thing to keep clean. :D
You are correct once again, 2 bolts in the kit, why is the question of the day. I heard the same thing Breeze mentioned but I did some testing with mine and I felt the baffle pushed air down onto the engine better than without having it installed. I might be nuts but that was my impression. I run mine all the time and it really helps with the blast of air to the face. IMO.

Get the nylon ones from HD. They work great both when cold or raining and on and off in a snap. Approx $60.00 when I purchased mine 5 years ago...
I got the nylon lowers and didnt like them. The wind and cold blows right up in my face and chest.. It could be the way the crash bar rides tho. With the uppers on it looks like they lean toward the rear a little.

Seems like these would direct the air flow down towards the motor, helping with cooling, instead of up away from the motor. Or am I wrong in my thinking here??? I don't understand why there is 3 holes in the deflector, 3 holes to mount it to, but only 2 bolts in the package. Not missing one cause the instructions say there's only supposed to be 2. Are they cutting corners that much they can't afford to include the third bolt??? But hey, its chrome and it looks good. Just another thing to keep clean. :D

All of my baggers came from the factory with that deflector, I think the MOCO went cheap and decided they could make more beans as an add on and go cheap with 1 bolt missing JMO

go to tGldestuff.com. dennis in muncie,in used to make the deflectors that work. we use them on the tri Glides. he has a link to the other guy on his site.

Back