free website stats program do lowers help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

do lowers help

Looks like the price has gone up a bit. I paid $59 for the nylon ones from HD a number of years back.

Get the nylon ones from HD. They work great both when cold or raining and on and off in a snap. Approx $60.00 when I purchased mine 5 years ago...

I agree with dbmg!

i have these and i love them...plus i only paid $49.00 for mine at HD. they are easy to take on an off and you can roll them up and store very easily :D

I'll second and third these nylon lowers. They work well.

Thanks I appreciate the input! The prev owner made a set of nylon lowers that, to be honest, I haven't even taken out of the bag to see how they look. I guess I'll have to give them a try if you're all saying they work so well

+1 on the front fork baffle, I added mine 2 years ago and it really helped with the air flow to the face.

After reading this info this morning, I went out and bought one of these. Just installed it. Will test it out when the thermometer gets out of the triple digits :(. I heard these used to come as standard equipment a few years back. Bikes cost more now and you get less. Hmmmm....... what's up with that???

I had the fork wind deflectors on my old Road King and they really work great, look a little funny but work great at keeping wind from coming around the tank and hitting me in the face.

I had the fork lowers and the fork baffle on my '86 FLHTC. They do help, but they are not as good as the hard lowers. JMO.

+1 on the front fork baffle, I added mine 2 years ago and it really helped with the air flow to the face.

I think you can only get them in chrome now days. The black ones blend right in.

Here some options on fabric lower. The ones I have are quick connect. I originally tried the non nylon ones but found the snaps and fit difficult.

Harley-Davidson Search

Thanks, I know they aren't "as good" at controlling the air as hard lowers but just trying to take some of the buffeting away not needing to light a smoke while I ride down the road so sounds like they'll do what they want. Thank you for the info I do appreciate it. Anywhere special to look for them??

After reading this info this morning, I went out and bought one of these. Just installed it. Will test it out when the thermometer gets out of the triple digits :(. I heard these used to come as standard equipment a few years back. Bikes cost more now and you get less. Hmmmm....... what's up with that???

HD stopped putting them on when the twin cams started running so hot. Trying to get as much air flow to the engine as possible. I keep mine on my '07 all the time. But I do have a TFI adding some extra gas to lower the temp. a tiny bit.

You are correct sir, they once we're standard equipment but Harley figured they could make more money selling them as a add on. Go figure.

Aerodynamically, the issue with wind in the face is due to the vacuum that is formed behind the windshield. It is going to suck air in from some direction. What we can do about it is to re-direct the in-flow (and its associated vortex) away from where we find it to be objectionable (baffles, vents, recurve or v-stream windshields, etc.).

In my experience, what lowers are truly good for is to break the wind on the lower part of the legs. On my RK, at high speeds, I find that I have to constantly apply inward force, to keep my legs from being blown outward. That does tend to bother me after a long day in the wind.

I use soft lowers, myself. When you take them off, they can go in the bottom of the tourpac, taking up almost no space. They also go on and off in 30 secs.

Enjoy,
Rich P

HD stopped putting them on when the twin cams started running so hot. Trying to get as much air flow to the engine as possible. I keep mine on my '07 all the time. But I do have a TFI adding some extra gas to lower the temp. a tiny bit.

Seems like these would direct the air flow down towards the motor, helping with cooling, instead of up away from the motor. Or am I wrong in my thinking here??? I don't understand why there is 3 holes in the deflector, 3 holes to mount it to, but only 2 bolts in the package. Not missing one cause the instructions say there's only supposed to be 2. Are they cutting corners that much they can't afford to include the third bolt??? But hey, its chrome and it looks good. Just another thing to keep clean. :D

Back